These Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are an easy and delicious side dish for any meal. Glazed with butter and brown sugar, they also are known as burnished carrots, or roasted carrots. With just 3 ingredients, cooking them on the stove top makes them fast and easy! Elegant enough for company, easy enough for a work night!
To be perfectly honest, my favorite way to eat carrots is raw. BUT.. there are instances when a cooking is obligatory. This is my favorite way to eat them if they are cooked ! As an added bonus, they are magnificently easy!
How to Make Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Wash carrots. Peel them. Cut them in half, crosswise. Then quarter them, lengthwise. If they are very fat, they should be cut in eights lengthwise.
- Add about one cup of water to the pan. Cover and bring to boil. Boil about 1 minute. Drain the water, immediately.
- Place about one tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- Add brown sugar and increase heat to high.
- Turn with a spatula until browned. Optional; finish with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
This is such a fast, easy vegetable dish!
What to Serve with Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Chicken and Poultry, such as; Lemon Chicken and Roasted Gazme Hens
- Lamb, such as Lamb Loin Roast or Lamb Chops
- Pork, such as; Pork Loin Roast or Pork Chops
Other Delicious Vegetable Recipes
Other Delicious Carrot Recipes
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below! I would love to hear from you!
Tools I Use to Make
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Halve carrots crosswise. Quarter the small half lengthwise. If the larger half are really fat, cut into eights.
- Place about 1 cup of water in a medium frying pan that has a cover. Add carrots.
- Bring to a boil. Boil about 1 minute.
- Drain immediately. Return to high heat.
- Add butter, and brown sugar. Brown on one side, then flip with a spatula.
- Add balsamic vinegar to de-glaze the pan. Remove after balsamic has boiled away.
- Serve immediately.
Originally Published 3/29/2015
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.