Grilled Lamb Chops with Coconut Fig Crust is our 100th recipe post! I can’t really believe it! Please like and Share our little blog to anyone and everyone you know to help us keep growing!!
I belong to a Facebook Group called The Ready Steady Cook Club (TRSCC). The people in the group couldn’t be nicer and more supportive of each other. There are some bloggers and foodies of all types. Once a month we hold a cook-off.
One member of the group picks the ingredients bag for the month and whoever chooses to participate that month comes up with a maximum of two dishes using the ingredients bag. This month was the third one I have participated in and I’ve enjoyed every one.
This month the ingredients bag was chosen by Thoko Langman from Taryn Delish http://www.taryndelish.com . It was an interesting group of ingredients; green peppers, lamb, fig, coconut milk, basmati rice and tofu, two of which I have never used before, namely, figs and tofu.
So we came up with 2 dishes, Lamb meatballs with fig, coconut tofu sauce served with red pepper basmati rice and this dish. This is Grilled Lamb Chop with a coconut and fig crust. We served it with Coconut Turmeric Basmati Rice and Tropical Fruit Fig Salsa with Tofu Chips!
This one the hubby actually made a bowl (complete with lid) out of the tofu to serve the basmati in.
Naturally, being the meat lover that he is, my husband’s favorite was the coconut and fig crusted lamb chop. This Lamb & Feta Burger is amazing, too!
Many of our other members’ links are on the sidebar on the left! Check them out! Tons of fantastic recipes! Come and check out the group too at
The Ready Steady Cook Club
We would love to have you there!
Have fun cooking!
Update!! We won the Challenge with this dish! Thank you to everyone in TRSCC!
Grilled Lamb Chops with Coconut Fig Crust
- 3 Lamb Loin Chops
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 1/4 c Bread crumbs
- 1/4 c sweetened , flaked coconut
- 1 dried fig
- few Tablespoons toasted coconut for garnish , if desired
- Remove lamb chops from refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
- Place fig in a small saucepan just cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool in water.
- Once fig is cool enough to handle, chop roughly on cutting board. With the side of a chef's knife smash the fig adding a little sea or kosher salt to help bring the fig to a paste consistency.
- Once the fig is pasted, combine the fig, butter, bread crumbs and coconut until well incorporated.
- Roll the crust between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/8" thick and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Start your grill on high. Sear lamb on both sides for about 3 minutes a side. Remove lamb form the grill and cut pieces of the crust to fit atop the lamb chops.
- Broil on high until the crust is nicely brown. Let rest about 5 minutes. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
Originally Published 6/21/2016
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.