This is our favorite way to eat Beef Filet! This Horseradish & Butter Beef Filet is super tender because the butter bastes the beef. The horseradish and bacon crust gets golden and creamy! This recipe is a must try!
Pretty excited about this! I was invited to do a YouTube Collaboration with Chef Politte! He is a very accomplished Chef with 100’s of great videos on YouTube! He also has his own line of Spice Mixes at http://www.itsonlyfood.biz/ and check out Chef John’s YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkIxncqAFooOMASytR7l33A It was sooo much fun! He was great to work with and very patient because as you know, I’m a YouTube Newby!
I literally spent 3 hours trying to photoshop our dishes on the same plate just because I thought it would be fun to see, since we are 1000 miles apart in the Northern reaches of the US of A. My 15 year old came home from school and had this in 10 minutes. Then said, I just can’t make it look much better, wrong angles and different lighting…. It’svastly better than my three hour attempt and fun, nonetheless!
These crusted Beef Filet are phenomenal! They are tender and have just right bite of horseradish and of course the bacon. Isn’t bacon it’s own food group? Active time is about 30 minutes and they are elegant enough to make for the President, I believe! Thanks for watching and subscribing to Chef John’s Channel and to mine! Check out this Horseradish Crusted Grouper I made with a similar crust topping, but it has lobster, too!
Horseradish and Butter Beef Filet
- 3 slices Bacon
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 c fresh bread crumbs
- 3-4 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 4 Beef Filet or similar tender Beef Cut
- salt and Pepper to taste
- Soften butter to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake Bacon on slotted broiler pan until crispy. 25 - 30 minutes Crumble or chop bacon into fine pieces.
- Mix bread crumbs, bacon bits, horseradish and butter together very well.
- Roll out crust between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to about 1/8" thick. Freeze.
- Grill filet over high heat until internal temperature is about 10 degrees less than you prefer them done.
- Turn broiler on high.
- Cut frozen crust into pieces that are approximately the same size as the beef.
- Top beef with the crust and broil until browned. Just about 5 minutes. Watch them carefully so they do not burn. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Originally Published 5/28/2016
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.