This Bacon Horseradish Lobster Stuffed Grouper Recipe is simply amazing! This Grouper Recipe takes less than 30 minutes and is special enough to serve to guests!
Seriously, this fish is STUPID good!! It has so much flavor with the stuffing but not so much that it overpowers the fish! The fish is very flavorful but rather than a strong “fishy” taste, it’s mellow and mild!
If you’ve been reading the blog lately, you probably noticed our obsession with fish this Spring. We found a new fishmonger in town that has the best quality fresh seafood that I have found in ages! He also has such a great variety!
What is Grouper?
Grouper is a warm water fish species that lives in the warm coral reefs off of the south coast of Florida
I have never made grouper. In fact, I don’t think I have ever eaten grouper! What a delicious treat! It is firm, yet flaky, super flavorful but not strong or “fishy”. In my mind the perfect fish for broiling!
The inspiration for this grouper recipe was born from the idea that a stuffing might be good. One of our favorite dishes is this Horseradish and Bacon Encrusted Beef Filet. The crust is buttery, has bacon (that has to raise it to the fantastic level) and the piquant flavor of the horseradish are simply marvelous together! Perusing the refrigerator, I noticed some of the small walking legs of the lobster left from our dinner the night before and thought that would make a perfect addition!
Use Leftover Frozen Cooked Bacon for The Stuffing for this Grouper Recipe
When I cook bacon, I always stash a few pieces in a baggie and store it in the freezer. It is perfect for occasions just like this! It makes life so much easier to have a variety of items in your “pantry” that are cooked and ready to add to any dish you choose! Due to this little trick of mine, this meal takes less than half an hour from start to finish! (I use this trick for lots of things. Bread crumbs, roasted peppers, extra leftover sauces or frostings, etc. Anything that freezes well is perfect!)
I hope you enjoy this Bacon, Horseradish, Lobster Stuffed Grouper Recipe as much as we did! Perfect for any night but fancy enough to serve to guests!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Bacon Horseradish Lobster Stuffed Grouper Recipe
- 1 lb. grouper filet
- 2 slices crispy bacon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 c fresh bread crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 4 oz cooked lobster
- 12 spears small, blanched asparagus, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop bacon and lobster into small pieces.
- Mix butter, bread crumbs and horseradish in a small bowl until well incorporated. Add bacon and thoroughly combine. Lightly mix in lobster so the pieces don't break up too much.
- Place Grouper on a roasting pan, skin side down. Broil on high in the center oven, for approximately 3-4 minutes, depending on the size of the filet. Remove from oven, carefully flip the filet so the flesh side is down. Return to oven and broil another 3 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and top with the stuffing. Move rack up to the second shelf, return fish to the oven and brown the stuffing. Watch it now very carefully so you don't burn the stuffing.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.