Making your own spice mixes saves you a ton of money and uses up your old spices. Adobo seasoning is one of my favorite!
Such a wonderfully versatile spice mix! Adobo is used in many Mexican dishes. It’s adds greatly to the flavor of poultry and meats. Great on Eggs, tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, we just love it! The spice racks photographed above are my favorite! Use this Adobo Seasoning in all of your favorite Mexican creations, such as; Triple Delight Chili and Slow Cooker Frijoles!
Make your own adobo seasoning at home and saves tons of money!
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients, Mix well.. Add a few grains of rice to soak up moisture so that salt doesn't clump up (or don't add salt until you use it.). Store in a plastic storage bag and then in a sealed in a jar away from heat. Make multiple batches, if you use a lot. It will save on time later
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.