Beet puree is a great way to add some color to otherwise bland looking foods! It pairs well with seafood, fish, duck and chicken! So easy and vegan!
You can even use this puree in baked goods, like cookies, or pancakes, to bump up the nutrition. Add it to vege burgers. It makes a beautiful garnish on your plates for an elegant finish and is a super healthy food, as well!
Health benefits of beets
Beets are loaded with vitamin C and many minerals, according to Food Revolution. They are high in fiber and very low in calories, making them perfect to boost your nutrition!
What you need for beet puree
- olive oil
- coconut milk
How to make it
- Chop beets.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until beets can easily be pierced with fork.
- Place beets in food processor container. Process, scraping bowl, as needed.
- Add coconut milk to beets. Puree until smooth and desired consistency. Add more coconut milk as needed.
Serve beet puree with scallops, salmon, or halibut. Great with lamb, duck, chicken and pork. It pairs nicely with other root vegetables like carrots and parsnips. Keep leftovers in the freezer to use at a later date.
Other delicious vegetable recipes
Tools I use to make beet puree
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make beet puree. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
- Chop ends off of beets. Peel with vegetable peeler. Cut unto chunks.
- Place in saucepan. Barely cover with water.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook at high simmer until beets are soft.
- Drain water from beets.
- Add to blender or food processor container. Blend/ chop until very fine texture.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Then drizzle in the coconut milk until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.