Another easy, delicious venison recipe! This Chicken Fried Venison is the epitome of Southern comfort food! Lightened up a bit because we use venison!
You can serve it with a white gravy, or without. It is just as good both ways! Pound the venison out lightly to tenderize it. You end up with a tender, juicy, delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes! What could be better than that?
This is one of our favorite ways to cook venison! You know how if you ask a 10 year old what they would like for their birthday dinner? The typical answer is pizza, burgers, hot dogs, or mac and cheese. Not in my house! My ten year old son wanted this chicken fried venison!
What you need for chicken fried venison
- venison steak or backstrap/ loin
- corn flakes
- garlic powder
- paprika or cayenne chili powder
- black pepper
- onion powder
How to make it
- Trim backstrap
- Slice at least 1″ thick
- Lightly pound to tenderize. A plastic bag keeps the kitchen cleaner.
- Dip in egg.
- Mix breading and spices. Place on flat plate. Bread venison on one side, pressing down if needed.
- Flip and bread the other side.
- Shallow fry in cast iron pan over medium high heat, until lightly browned.
Flip over and brown other side. Check internal temperature of venison for doneness. For medium rare, cook to 125°F. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
If you have leftovers, which is doubtful, you can make this easy Venison Parmesan Style! It’s delicious, as well!
Other delicious venison recipes
Tools I use to make Chicken Fried Venison
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make Chicken Fried Venison. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Chicken Fried Venison
- Lightly pound venison to tenderize.
- Add eggs to bowl. Whisk.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl well.
- Dip venison steaks into eggs. Allow excess to drain.
- Coat pieces with corn flake mixture. Pat into place, in needed.
- Add oil to pan, just to cover bottom of pan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Add venison, slowly, so that temperature of oil doesn't drop significantly.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Flip and fry the second side until golden.
- Remove from pan, check internal temperature in the center. Should be about 125°F. If not, finish in 325°F oven, until internal temperature is reached.
- See below for important notes.
Originally published 4/7/20