These Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes are all spiced up with roasted garlic and herbs of your choice! Easy, delicious summer side dish with zero cleanup!
This is the perfect side to do with whatever you are grilling! You can use baby, new potatoes, or cut up regular white, red or yellow potatoes! Even sweet potatoes are great cooked like this!
Summertime gets so busy with all of the holidays, potlucks and BBQ’s that are going on, it is nice to have a few super easy side dishes to make on the grill. When you plan to make most of your dishes on the grill, there is no heating up with kitchen with ovens or steam from boiling pots. So many things can be made on the grill! Side dishes, veges, even desserts!
What to Serve with Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes
Lots of delicious foods can be made on the grill in the summer! These summer packet grilled potatoes go well with;
- Lamb Loin
- Chicken with Plum Sauce
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Tenders
- Smoked Spare Ribs
- Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Beef Filet
If it is the middle of winter, you can still enjoy these Foil Packet Potatoes in the oven. Just bake at a fairly high temperature, around 450°F so that they get a bit of caramelization, like they do on the grill!
Tools I Use to Make Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
How to Make Foil Packet Potatoes
- Cut piece of aluminum foil larger than you think you need, so that you seal the potatoes tightly.
- Arrange potatoes in center of foil.
- Add fresh or dried herbs, pesto, roasted garlic, butter or olive oil to packet.
- Wrap tightly. Add another piece of foil, if neccessary to get a tight seal.
- Grill or bake at 450°F in oven until tender and potatoes can be easily pierced with fork. About 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve these Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes with grilled asparagus, corn or summer squash with your favorite protein and you have a zero cleanup meal! What could be better than that?
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes! Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Foil Packet Grilled Potatoes
- 10 new potatoes
- 1 drizzle Olive Oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic roasted
- 1 Tbsp herbs fresh, chopped, any herbs you choose
- Cut large piece of aluminum foil.
- Wash potatoes and put on top of foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub with roasted garlic
- Add chopped herbs.
- Tightly wrap foil around potatoes and seal. Use 2 sheets, if needed.
- Grill on warming rack, or off of the direct heat (indirect grilling) for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are soft when pierced with fork.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!