This Easy Baked Beans Recipe tastes the best of any I have ever had! They are one of the most requested side dishes for summer picnics and potlucks!
This Vintage Easy Baked Bean Recipe has been in my family for over 40 years! Everyone loves this recipe! We’ve actually never made it when some one hasn’t begged for this recipe. So for all of you, who have been begging, here it is, finally!
This Easy Baked Beans Recipe is the perfect side dish for all of your summer picnics and potlucks! They take about 20 minutes to prepare. Once heated, they stay hot for a long time. They are also super when eaten at room temperature!
History of Baked Beans
The beans that are common in baked beans are native to South America and are thought to have been brought to Europe in the 1500’s. Learn more from this article from Wikipedia!
Is This Easy Baked Beans Recipe Gluten Free?
Yes, these baked beans are totally gluten free!
Can These Easy Baked Beans Be Made Ahead?
Yes, these baked beans can be made the day before you need to serve them and then stored in the refrigerator. I have even cooked the bacon and onions 2-3 days prior to the time I needed them.
Can This Easy Baked Beans Recipe Be Frozen?
Technically, these baked beans can be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator. The texture will suffer though, I’m afraid, so I would recommend just making a large enough batch so that you can use it up in 3-4 days.
How to Make Baked Beans
- Place bacon in heavy botttom frying pan over medium heat. Flip bacon when browned on first side.
- Dice onion.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Add onion to bacon grease and fry to golden brown. Onions chopped on board.
- Chop bacon into bits.
- Drain kidney, butter and lima beans.
- Add all beans to casserole.
- Measure vinegar.
- Add spices.
- Add brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add onion a bacon to beans.
- Add vinegar mixture. Mix well.
Heat baked beans in 350°F oven for 30 minutes, until bubbly. If beans have been refrigerated, they will take at least 1 hour to heat.
Other Delicious Side Dish Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make this Easy Baked Beans Recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make Easy Baked Beans
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Easy Baked Beans Recipe
- Crisp bacon in heavy bottom frying pan.
- Once crisp, remove to paper towels.
- Add diced onion to bacon grease in frying pan. Saute on low, turning occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Drain butter, kidney and lima beans.
- Add all beans to large casserole.
- Add onions and chopped, crisp bacon to beans.
- Mix vinegar, spices and brown sugar well. Pour over beans. Mix well.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, until bubbly.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!