It’s Macaroni Day tomorrow, so in honor, I give you Macaroni Salad with Tuna! This is Eric’s and my Father-in Law’s favorite way to enjoy Macaroni Salad! It couldn’t be easier salad to make, either!
We have so many BBQ’s in the summer I need a huge line-up of side dishes to make to accompany the protein of choice that particular day! We have 8 birthdays in our immediate family, of course there is Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day! Then you have the obligatory friends that you should really invite because you haven’t gotten together in ages! The result of these is that it seems there is a BBQ on my patio most weekends from May until the end of September! This, Macaroni Salad with Tuna is one of the easiest of the side dishes in my repetoire!
Sometimes I add peas to this easy mac salad too! We love them in it but it depends on who is coming that week, whether I do or not.
- So prepare the pasta shape of your choice according to package directions. Hard boil 3 eggs. Chop up your vegetables. In this case, I used celery, grated carrot and chives. You can change it up and use whatever you like, or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Add spices. Here I used salt, pepper, dry dill weed, fresh parsley, and celery seed.
- Mix the veges and pasta first with the mayonnaise so that it doesn’t break the tuna apart too much.
- Peel and rough chop eggs. I usually save some for garnish. Mix them with the salad. I also mix in a few tablespoons of my homemade Italian dressing for an extra kick.
- That’s all there is to it! Such an easy salad for all of your summer BBQ’s!
I hope you like the recipe today for Macaroni Salad with Tuna! Don’t forget to sign up to the mailing list so you don’t miss any new recipes!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.