It’s Macaroni Day tomorrow, so in honor, I give you Macaroni Salad with Tuna! This is Eric’s and my Father-in Law’s favorite way to enjoy Macaroni Salad! It couldn’t be easier salad to make, either!
We have so many BBQ’s in the summer I need a huge line-up of side dishes to make to accompany the protein of choice that particular day! We have 8 birthdays in our immediate family, of course there is Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day! Then you have the obligatory friends that you should really invite because you haven’t gotten together in ages! The result of these is that it seems there is a BBQ on my patio most weekends from May until the end of September! This, Macaroni Salad with Tuna is one of the easiest of the side dishes in my repetoire!
Sometimes I add peas to this easy mac salad too! We love them in it but it depends on who is coming that week, whether I do or not.
- So prepare the pasta shape of your choice according to package directions. Hard boil 3 eggs. Chop up your vegetables. In this case, I used celery, grated carrot and chives. You can change it up and use whatever you like, or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Add spices. Here I used salt, pepper, dry dill weed, fresh parsley, and celery seed.
- Mix the veges and pasta first with the mayonnaise so that it doesn’t break the tuna apart too much.
- Peel and rough chop eggs. I usually save some for garnish. Mix them with the salad. I also mix in a few tablespoons of my homemade Italian dressing for an extra kick.
That’s all there is to it! Such an easy salad for all of your summer BBQ’s!
Other Delicious Salad Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Apple Coleslaw
- Broccoli Salad
- Southwestern Garbanzo Salad
- Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below! I would love to hear from you!
Also, don’t forget to FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!
I hope you like the recipe today for Macaroni Salad with Tuna! Don’t forget to sign up to the mailing list so you don’t miss any new recipes!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 stalks celery, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 large carrot, grated or diced, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 2 tsp pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Italian Dressing
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Thoroughly cool.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs. I usually save a few quarters for garnish.
- Add macaroni, celery, carrot, and spices to large mixing bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Add tuna and mix. Add eggs and gently mix so that eggs don’t fall apart.
Perfect that I found this right as I was already cooking up some noodles for a beach picnic today! Annnnd even better that it’s also macaroni day! ????????
Haha! See you were celebrating and you didn’t even know it! Thanks Tristen!
We also have lots of bbqs in summer and pasta salad is always a winner! Yours looks really good. I love the inclusion of chives and dill with tuna. I have to try that!
I love dill with tuna! They pair together so well! Thanks, Jaqui!
I grew up with a family whose idea of pasta salad was a box of tri-colored pasta – which I can’t stand – and a bottle of Italian dressing. I’m only now, 30 years later, looking at pasta salads as something that could be appetizing, so I’d definitely give this one a try 🙂
Haha! No, I don’t like that kind of pasta salad, lol! Thanks Crystal!
I just love easy salads for barbecue. This one is so protein packed that I’m sure it would please especially my hubby. Wishing you tomorrow a happy Macaroni day:)
Haha! Thanks Gabi! Happy Macaroni Day to you too!!
Absolutely LOVE Tuna Macaroni Salad and your version looks to die for! Loving the addition of eggs!
I really like eggs in summer salads! Potato too! Thanks Chris!
This would be ideal for a summer dinner party in the garden, and I bet it would be a quick meal to make too.
It pretty much could be the whole meal. Maybe for meatless Monday! Thanks, Kacie!
Lynn | The ROad to Honey
Summer really is the season to catch up with all your family & friends, isn’t it. I bet this lovely salad is a huge hit at all those summer BBQs.
It’s funny, the only time we see anyone in the winter is Christmas. After that we turn into hermits! Thanks Lynn!
This looks like a perfect crowd pleaser! Perfect for all the BBQ’s this summer! Also, thanks for the memo about macaroni day! 😉
See, you really wanted to know about Macaroni Day. Didn’t you? ???? Thanks Anna!
Lovely recipe. I like the addition of celery. We eat a lot of it too and never misses from our fridge. I love this pasta tuna recipe easy to make and ideal for parties too.
Thanks for the inspo.
Thank you Ramona! Yes, I always use celery in salads! It is a must I think! Have a wonderful weekend!
I was looking for a simple salad to take to a picknick on Sunday and here it is. It looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
Thanks so much, Zahra! I hope the guests at the picnic enjoy it!