This Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad with Garlic Scape Pesto is so fresh and delicious! I am so pleased to be doing a guest post for Marlee from I Just Make Sandwiches while she takes a well deserved break!
I love to use fresh local fruits and vegetables in all of my dishes in the summer! The winters here are so long. We go for 8 months with store bought produce that was picked green and never ripens. Either that or they were grown in hot houses.
I also love adding sweet elements to savory dishes! Such as these fresh, juicy sweet cherries with this garlic scape pesto! It is such a surprise! An explosion of flavor in your mouth!
You know, if you follow my blog that have been charged with making a plethora of salads for picnics and BBQ’s this year.
I have been trying to mix it up and come up with some unique, tasty salads. This BLT Pasta Salad is one of the most popular! This one definitely qualifies for both unique and tasty! Let me know in the comments below what your favorite summer salads are! I have more BBQ’s to host! 🙂
It was very fun to do this guest post for Marlee! Head over to her blog I Just Make Sandwiches and show her some love!
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. To this end I have published a series of posts on the subject, packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! If you need help in this area, don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Grilled Garlic Pasta Salad with Cherries and Garlic Scape Pesto
- 1 lb pasta, your favorite shape
- 1 lb small shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup cherries, halved
- 1 pint each green beans and yellow beans
- 4 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1-1.5 cup pesto, any flavor you like but one with extra garlic is best
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain when done and toss with a bit of olive oil so the pasta doesn't stick together. Cool to room temperature or refrigerate until cool.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in the olive oil and garlic for about 20 minutes. Cook shrimp on a hot grill for a minute or so, until pink on the bottom. Flip and grill the other side. Cool to room temperature.
- Blanche green and yellow beans for only about 3-4 minutes, depending on the size. You want them to be a bit crunchy. Bathe in an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Add cherries, beans, chives, pesto and the salt and pepper, to the pasta and toss well. Serve either room temperature or cold.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.