This BLT Pasta Salad is an easy delicious side dish for summer picnics on the patio or for a dish to pass at your next gathering!
Now who doesn’t love a BLT? I mean seriously…! In our house we love our BLTs! It must be all the bacon! 🙂
Although, let’s face it, they are far superior in the summer when the tomatoes are fresh, ripe and juicy! Not those semi orange things that you get at the store in the winter that barely resemble the taste of the same fruit, yes I said fruit, not vegetable!
Ingredients in this BLT Pasta Salad
As the name implies, the obvious ingredients in BLT Pasta Salad are bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and pasta. A few fresh herbs, onions, mayonnaise and a bit of Italian dressing, for a bit of zing, round out the ingredient list.
This BLT Pasta Salad will become your favorite, easy salad to bring to all those summer picnics!
I find that the last few summers it seems that every week or two we have a different excuse for summer BBQ. Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, July 4th, at least 8 birthdays… it’s crazy! Then, coming up with different side dishes so that you don’t serve thing party after party after party becomes a job in itself!
This salad comes together in the time it takes to crisp up the bacon.
All of the rest of your ingredients can be ready to go so it’s great for a last minute dish to take to someone else’s house too! Here is my Tomato Cucumber Salad that is great for last minute additions to the party.
You will love this super easy side dish! Try it at your next party and let me know what you think!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
BLT Pasta Salad
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Turn on oven to 375°F. Line roasting pan with strips of bacon. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until desired crispness. Drain on paper towel.
- When pasta is done, drain and cool. If you are in hurry, you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and stir. If it's still needs to cool more, check it every 5 minutes, stirring every time you check it.
- Once bacon is cool enough to handle, rough chop it.
- Add bacon and all other ingredients to the bowl with the pasta and toss. Can be made a day ahead but don't add the lettuce until just before you serve.