Garbanzo Bean Salad, with a chipotle, lime and roasted garlic dressing has a bit of a kick from the chipotle in the dressing. Load it up with fresh veggies and you have a colorful, delicious summer salad!
I wanted to come up with a different side dish for all of our summer picnics. You know how you always end up making the same stand by dishes (mostly, because they are requested) such as macaroni salad, potato salad, coleslaw, etc. You know the feeling, right? Well I wanted something different! This is it! Garbanzo Bean Salad with chipotle, lime and roasted garlic dressing.
It takes less than 10 minutes to put together if you have roasted garlic in the freezer (which, luckily I did) and couldn’t be easier!
I will make this later in the summer when corn is in season and roast the corn on the grill too. I think it will add a great smokiness that will compliment the chipotle dressing. Although it’s fab with canned corn! And easy too!
How to make garbanzo bean salad
- Chop tomatoes and cucumber into bite sized chunks.
- Drain corn, garbanzo beans and olives.
- Slice olives
- Paste roasted garlic with the side of your chef’s knife.
- Mince chipotle peppers. Add to mayonnaise for dressing.
- Add lime juice, cumin and lime zest to dressing. Mix well.
Add dressing to salad and mix all together well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made the day before you serve it.
This salad is easier and faster than any of the other summer salads. Not to mention healthier and gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian! Here are some other tasty salads from BCC Broccoli Salad, Ten Minute Tomato Cucumber Salad, BLT Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit Salad and Jello Salad.
If you love fresh veggies, why not grow your own? I’ve got some help for you. These posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden!
Second is Preparing the Garden Site.
The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make this Southwestern Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Southwestern Garbanzo Salad
- 30 oz cans garbanzos (chick peas)
- 15 oz can large black olives
- 15 oz can corn
- 1 pint mixed color cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced large
- 1 small cucumber large dice
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 chipotle in adobo finely minced and about 1 tsp. of the sauce depending on hot your group likes. Start with less, you can always add more.
- 1 roasted garlic whole large head
- 1 fresh lime juiced and zested
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- salt and Pepper to taste
- Open and drained garbanzos, corn and black olives. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables and add to the bowl. Mix.
- For the dressing mix the olive oil, chipotle, lime juice and zest, garlic, mayonnaise, cumin and salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dressing with salad, chill and serve.
- I didn’t use all of the dressing for the salad but the leftover was great on green salad too!
Originally Published 6/6/2016
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.