I love making my own BBQ Sauce! It is so easy and so much tastier than store bought! This Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce is sweet from the peaches and the honey bourbon with just enough tart kick from the vinegar!
As with jams and salsas, I love experimenting with new BBQ sauces! In the summer and fall, I have so many fresh ingredients to use up! I don’t like the way peaches freeze. Having tried to freeze peaches on many occasions, with lots of different methods, I give up! They always brown. No matter what I do! Brown peaches are just not appetizing to me! So to preserve peaches, which I have an aboundance of, I make jam, different salsas and lots of BBQ sauce! All of the fruits I grow are organic. No fertilizers, herbicides or fungicides, so I feel like I am doing my family a great service, making delicious foods with them!
My Cherry BBQ Sauce is one of my most popular recipes! Give it a look! I thought I would try to “kick the peach BBQ sauce up a notch” with the addition of Bourbon! I mean seriously, how could it NOT!
Peach BBQ Sauce is something I have made many times. It was one of my first posts in 2014! We really love it! It really pairs nicely with chicken and pork!
Making Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Making your own BBQ sauce couldn’t be easier! Literally just cut up the veges and add everything to a sauce pan. I cook it down for a few hours so that it gets nice and thick. Then just run an immersion through it or transfer it to a blender, in batches to make the sauce uniform. If it is not thick enough for your liking, just return it to the saucpan and cook on low until your desired thickness. I usually cook mine a good 3 hours because I like a nice, thick BBQ sauce that will really stick to the meat!
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
I hope you like the recipe today for Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce! Have you ever made your own BBQ sauce? If not, you should definitely give it a try! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Sterilize jars in water bath canning pot for 10 minutes. Let them sit in hot water until ready to use.
- Heat bands and lids in simmering water. Do not boil. Let them sit in hot water until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients in large pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and slow boil, stirring frequently, until it has thickened, about 2 hours (sometimes I will even go 3 hours). Use an immersion blender to make the sauce creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer to a stand blender. If you think it could still be a little thicker, you can continue to cook until desired thickness, just make sure you turn the heat down and stir often.
- Fill hot jars leaving a half inch of head space. Wipe rims. Cover with hot lids and tighten bands fingertip tight.
- Process the jars of sauce for 15 minutes (adjust for altitude). Allow them to sit in the canning pot for 5 additional minutes. Remove jars and let them cool. Check lids to make sure they have sealed. (If they don’t pop when pressed in the middle of the lid, they are sealed). Any that don’t seal should be refrigerated.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.