Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Wine Sauce is such a simple, yet elegant end of summer dessert! This time of year, I lament the loss of the sun and the inevitable end to my favorite cooking season! Grilling!
I have given you quite a few different recipes for grilling this summer like this gorgeous appetizer, Grilled Brie with Strawberries and Balsamic and these sticky, Smoky Ribs on the grill. Now, I thought to end my beloved grilling season, I would show you a super simple, but elegant dessert to serve when the peaches are ripe!
First, prepare the blackberry wine sauce. Place all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and the berries have broken down, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. This step can be done several days in advance.
Next, get ingredients together.
1. Just a pat or two of butter melted, the peaches, and some fresh basil.
2. Cut peaches in half. (Make sure that you purchase freestone peaches! Clingstone peaches will not work because you can not get the 2 halves apart.) Brush butter on cut side of peaches.
3. Place peaches on a hot grill, skin side down. Grill for 4 or 5 minutes.
4. Flip peach halves and grill on the cut side for about the same time, until you achieve a nice grill mark. Serve with warm blackberry sauce and ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with sprig of fresh basil.
That is how super easy it is to make this elegant looking dessert. Won’t your guests be impressed with these? For another great peach dessert, see my Southern Peach Cobbler.
I hope your like the recipe today for Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Wine Sauce. Don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list so that you don’t miss any new recipes. Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This Blackberry Peach Galette is an easy summer dessert that is fresh, tart and sweet, all at the same time!
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp red wine, dry
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar, can sub white sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 pinches cardamom
- 2 peaches, freestone, do not use clingstone peaches
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves, or flowers, if you can find them for garnish optional, but tasty. Mint is also good!
Add all ingredients to small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes, until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally.
Heat grill to high. Brush cut side of peaches with melted butter.
Place on grill rack, skin side down. Close grill and grill for 4 or 5 minutes.
Flip peach halves to cut side. Grill 4 or 5 more minutes until you get nice brown grill lines.
Serve with warmed blackberry sauce, scoop of ice cream, and garnish with fresh basil.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.