Peach crisp is an easy summer dessert that can be assembled in less than 15 minutes! This Peach Crisp Recipe is Gluten Free and Vegan! You can make crisps with or without oats, we prefer it with oats! Substitute nuts or just use flour to make it oat free! You can use canned peaches, frozen peaches or fresh peaches in this vegan peach crisp too!
One of the easiest and most delicious desserts that you can make for a picnic or bbq! They travel well and don’t need refrigeration!
Leave the skins on the peaches, when you slice them to add lots of additional fiber to the dessert. Crisps have healthier ingredients than some alternative desserts. If you have nice, sweet peaches, you don’t even need to add sugar or honey!
It appears that Apple Crisp was the first crisp to come into existence. Apple crisp first appeared in a newspaper in 1924. Perhaps due to rationing because of the wars in Europe!
How to Make Peach Crisp
- Mix dry ingredients for crisp layer in medium bowl.
- Melt coconut oil for a few seconds in microwave or on stove top. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until well moistened.
- Add cornstarch and sugar, if using, to peaches, in another bowl with lemon juice or citric acid, to prevent browning.
- Spread 1/3 of crisp topping to bottom of 4 quart casserole.
- Add peaches to top of that layer.
- Top with remainder of crisp topping to the top of peaches and spread evenly.
Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, until crisp is browned and peaches are soft and bubbly.
Can this peach crisp recipe be made ahead?
Yes. Crisp Recipes can be made 2 days before baking, or they can be frozen for up to 3 months. See instructions below.
Can peach crisp be frozen?
Peach Crisp can be frozen. Before baking peach crisp, tightly cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Bake this Peach Crisp Recipe from frozen, in 350°F oven. It should take approximately 15-20 minutes longer from frozen.
Why is my peach crisp runny?
There are 2 reasons that peach crisp recipes end up runny, and they are related. If your peaches are very ripe and juicy, they will require more thickener to thicken the peach juice. If your peaches are very ripe, add up to 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the recipe!
Other Delicious Fruit Crisp Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Cherry Coconut Crisp
- Rhubarb Custard Crisp
- Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Pear Blackberry Crisp
- Cranberry Cherry Crisp
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Tools I use to make this recipe
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
That’s how easy it is to make this Peach Crisp Recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
For crisp layer
- Mix dry ingredients for crisp layer.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Cut peaches into bite sized chunks.
- Mix with cornstarch, sugar, if using, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Spread 1/3 of crisp topping to the bottom of a 4 quart casserole.
- Top with all of peaches.
- Add the rest of crisp topping and spread evenly.
- Bake in 350°F for 40-50 minutes, until crisp layer is lightly browned and peaches are soft and bubbly.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden!
Second is Preparing the Garden Site.
The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden.