Apple Cranberry Crisp has got to be one of the easiest desserts you can make! This Apple Cranberry Crisp is delicious and gluten and dairy free!
This Apple Cranberry Crisp is so convenient for all of those holiday parties! Who has time, at this time of year to make fancy desserts?
I know I don’t! There is shopping, wrapping, Christmas trees to pick out and decorate.
I love to make crisps for that reason, they are quick and easy, fresh and flavorful!
What could be more seasonal than apples? Oh, well, perhaps cranberries! Have you noticed that the only time of year that you can find cranberries is around Thanksgiving and Christmas?
It’s a pity really. Cranberries are so delicious! They are loaded with vitamin C. They are great for immune health and “gut” health, the latest talking point to improve our overall health. Here is a great article from Good and Well, that expands on the thought.
This Apple Cranberry Crisp is good for you, really. It also has lots of fiber from the oats and nuts and some good fat from the coconut oil! See? There you go, health food for dessert, lol!
How Do You Make this Gluten Free, DairyFfree and Vegan Apple Cranberry Crisp?
- Wash and sort berries, discarding any that are soft or shriveled.
- Place cranberries and apple pie filling in large bowl.
- Juice 3 small limes,
- add to cranberries and apples.
- Mix oats and spices in separate bowl
- Add coconut and almonds to oats.
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Combine until oats are evenly moist.
- Press into bottom of 2 quart casserole.
- Pour all of filling on top of oats. Use the remaining oat mixture for topping.
Did I mention that this particular Apple Cranberry Crisp is not only Gluten Free, bu also Dairy/ Lactose Free and Vegan? Well, it is! But you won’t even mind any of those, because it is so tasty!
How many Calories in Apple Cranberry Crisp?
This Apple Cranberry Crsip is not low calorie, by any means. The coconut oil adds quite a few calories, as does the pie filling. If you use fresh apples with a bit of cornstarch, sugar and some apple pie spices, it will contain less calories. It does, however, have about 1/3 less calories than traditional apple pie, and is sure a whole lot easier!
Here is a nice casserole to cook the crisp in, for serving to guests! It’s beautiful!
That’s how easy Apple Cranberry Crisp actually is! Why not make a big batch for your next party!
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden!
Second is Preparing the Garden Site.
The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Apple Cranberry Crisp
- 2 cans apple pie filling 21 oz.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Start oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients for filling. If you like your fruit desserts very sweet, add about 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- Mix all ingredient in separate bowl so that all of the oats are moist.
- Press about 2/3 of the oat mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the casserole.
- Pour all of the filling onto the oat base.
- Tops with remainder of oats.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown and bubbly.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.