This Cranberry Cherry Crisp could truly not be easier and has the added bonus of being Vegan & Gluten Free! What a perfect holiday dessert, that is also pretty healthy! Lot of antioxidants and fiber!
If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, then you know that my Mom is severely gluten and lactose intolerant. I usually try to make her a special dessert that she can eat, because she can eat none of the goodies that the rest of us enjoy!
What could be more festive this time of year than Cranberries? Ocean Spray has named them the official, unofficial fruit of the holidays. Those of you in the US are, I’m sure familiar with their commercial. I love their characters. They are so funny.
How to make this Easy Cranberry Vegan Cherry Crisp
What you need
For the filling
- cherry pie filling
- raw sugar
- lime juice
- fresh or frozen cranberries
For the crisp topping
- raw sugar
- coconut oil
How to make crisp
- Place filling ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix well until cornstarch is absorbed.
- Place all of the crisp ingredients in a medium bowl, except coconut oil.
- Mix well.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or on stovetop. Add to the dry ingredients. Mix very well until there are no dry spots.
Add fruit layer to the bottom of an oven proof casserole. Top with all of the crisp layer. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or so, until filling is thickened and bubbly.
Pro tips for your success
- You can use gluten free flour or regular flour in the filling and the crisp layer, if desired.
- Use canned or homemade cherry pie filling.
- Make sure both the filling and the topping are mixed well. The topping should not have dry spots.
- Can be made a day in advance.
- Store covered on the counter or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Buy an extra bag of cranberries around the holidays and freeze them so that you can make cranberry recipes all year long!
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss our How to Start a Garden Series!
Check out these other fruity desserts
That is how easy this Cranberry Cherry Crisp is! Great for any time of the year.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays. Sign up form is below!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!
For all of my favorite tools for cooking and gift ideas, see my New Amazon Store
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. This helps us to bring you more great free recipes! Thank you! See FTC Disclosure, here.
Cranberry Cherry Crisp
For crisp layer
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together. Spread the bottom of casserole with all of the filling.
- Sprinkle all of the crisp layer on top of filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until topping is golden brown, filling is bubbly and cranberries are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°F