These pan seared Lamb Loin Chops are one of the easiest way to enjoy lamb. It takes less than 15 minutes to get them on to the dinner table.
There are two different types of lamb loin chops. These rib chops are call “frenched” because of the way they were butchered. Part of the rib is left attached to the loin.
This makes for an elegant presentation so it is great for entertaining.
What you need
- lamb chops
- flour – use gluten free if needed
- rosemary, fresh or dried (optional)
How to make them
- Cut lamb chops apart if taking from a whole loin rack.
- Dry chops well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper well.
- Lightly flour both sides of chops.
Add a bit of olive oil to your pan. Sear in a hot, preferably cast iron frying pan over high heat until browned and internal temperature registers 125°F on an instant read thermometer.
Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.
Pro tips for your success
- Use a very sharp knife to separate chops.
- Sear over high heat so the lamb does not get over cooked.
- Depending on the size of the chops, the lamb should only take about 10 minutes to sear.
- If they are getting too browned the heat can be turned down until they make the target temperature. Or pop them in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes or so.
- Don’t over-cook.
What to serve with lamb loin chops
- Grilled or roasted new potatoes
- Brown sugar glazed carrots
- Casserole Marie Blanche
- Green beans almondine
Other great recipes for entertaining
- Lamb loin roast
- Beef strip loin
- Horseradish crusted tenderloin
- Garlic air fryer pork tenderloin
- Stuffed pork loin
Tools I Use
That’s how easy it is to make these super fast Lamb Loin Chops. They are so easy and perfect for entertaining.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays. Sign up form is below!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!
For all of my favorite tools for cooking and gift ideas, see my New Amazon Store
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. This helps us to bring you more great free recipes! Thank you! See FTC Disclosure, here.
Lamb Loin Chops
- Frenched lamb chops make for a great presentation. Separate individual chops with a sharp chef's knife.
- Dry chops. Allow to come to room temperature.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and rosemary if using in shallow bowl.
- Lightly dredge chops in flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Heat cast pan with olive oil over high heat. Sear chops for about 3 minutes per side.
- Place pan in 350°F for about 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 125°F. Remove from oven. Rest 5 minutes.