These Sweet & Spicy Pork Chops are a fast weeknight dinner! As the title suggests, they are sweet with a kick of spice from candied jalapeños!
These Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops can literally be on the table in less than 30 minutes! I mean, you have to love that!!
My husband is not a huge fan of spicy foods, so I don’t add too many jalapeños for him (and pile them on for me afterward! 🙂 ) but he even loves this recipe!
The sweetness from the candied jalapenos and honey really tempers the heat and makes it bearable for even those who really don’t like spicy foods.
Best part? They only take about 20 minutes to be done depending on the size of your chops.
What you need
- pork chops (your favorite kind will work)
- flour (use gluten free to make the recipe gluten free too.)
- beef broth
- brine from a jar of candied jalapenos
- candied jalapenos
How to make them
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Mix sage and flour.
- Dredge chops in the flour mixture.
- Dredge second side.
- Fry chops in a bit of oil, over high heat until golden brown.
- Flip chops and brown second side. Remove to plate. Check internal temperature.
- Once chops are browned, pour most of the additional oil and fat off. Add stock, honey and brine to pan. Scrape the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil.
- Chop jalapenos fine. Add to sauce. Cook down for a few minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add pork back to pan and bathe with the sauce. If chops were not up to 140°F, continue to cook until internal temperature measures that.
Why should you make this easy recipe?
- Quick weeknight meal
- Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes
- Totally customizable to your family’s heat tolerances
- Makes tender, delicious chops every time.
- You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops for this recipe.
What sides to serve with these chops
- sauteed, grilled or roasted vegetables
- baked, grilled or mashed potatoes or colcannon
- side salad
- potato salad or fries
Where can you get candied jalapenos?
Most full service grocery stores carry candied jalapenos in the condiment section.
You can make your own candied jalapenos. They are incredibly easy.
If all else fails, here is an Amazon link for them. (affiliate link)
The brine is not too hot but has that great jalapeño flavor! I add extra candied jalapeños for my son and I but don’t add any to my husband’s dish. He gets the flavor without too much heat for him! Win – win situation, in my book!
Other delicious pork recipes
Thanks for checking out the recipe for these delicious sweet & spicy pork chops.
Connect with us through our social media ages! Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter.
If you have any questions or comments, please ask in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe today!
Enjoy. And have fun cooking!
Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sage, dried
- salt & pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup brine from candied jalapeno jar
- 1/2 cup candied jalapenos, chopped can use more or less, depending on how spicy you like your food.
- Olive Oil
- Mix flour, sage and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Season pork chops with salt & pepper. Dredge in flour mixture.
- Pan fry in heavy bottom pan, until golden brown on both sides
- Remove pork from pan. Then deglaze pan with beef stock, scraping off browned bits from bottom of pan. Add honey and jalapéno juice. Add jalapénos to taste. I usually add about 1/2 cup chopped. Cook sauce over high heat for a few minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Return pork chops to pan and coat with sauce. Cook until pork reaches desired temperature on meat thermometer. About, 145°F.
We love pork chops but I get tired of making them the same way every time. This recipe looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it!
These stay nice and juicy and don’t dry out. Thanks Jessica!
My goodness, these pork chops sound amazing! What a perfect weeknight dinner, will be making them soon.
They’re really good. Thanks so much Biana!
This recipe looks so different from what i usually make with pork chops. I am doing these tomorrow, they look so good!! Thanks for sending it.
Thanks Neli! Enjoy! LE me know how you like them.
These candied jalapenos are EVERYTHING! Love the spice it adds to the pork chops.
We love these Jess. Thanks so much for trying them!
Love the flavors on these pork chops. They look fantastic.
Thanks Andrea. I appreciate your comment.
Oh boy do they sound good, I love pork chops… Gotta make these at some point in the near future.
They are sooo good! You will love them, Brian! Thanks!
Great idea Beth. I don’t have the same amount of jalapeno as you but I do have few spicy chili peppers from the South of Italy. My dad was an expert on chili, he would plant them in the terrace every year, always searching for the spiciest ones. I love spice and sweet and I will put some extra spice for me.
Thank you, Laura! I didn’t know your father was a gardener, but I guess I should have! Every Italian male I have ever known has had vegetables!
This looks so delicious. I love the combo of sweet and spicy.
I love sweet and spicy too! Thanks, Luci! I appreciate your comment!
I was just looking for a fun new pork chop recipe…I love this is spicy!
I hope you enjoy it!Let me know if you give it a try! Thanks, Sandi!
I always seem to overcook my pork chops and they end up dry. I am going to try your recipe, it looks so moist and delicious!
You need to cook them in a super hot pan and take them out when they are very pink, because they continue to cook after you take them off of the heat! Thanks, Tina! Hope that helps!
Kate | Veggie Desserts
Homemade jalapenos must be such a treat to liven up any meal with!
They really are! We use them in so many different dishes! Thanks, Kate!
Love pork chops but have never had them with a “kick” before! Can’t wait to make these!!! They sound SO good!
They are super tasty! You’ll love then, Sarah! Thanks for your comment!