These Sweet & Spicy Pork Chops are a fast weeknight dinner! As the title suggests, they are sweet with a kick of spice from candied jalapeños!
These Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops can literally be on the table in less than 30 minutes! I mean, you have to love that!!
My husband is not a huge fan of spicy foods, so I don’t add too many jalapeños for him (and pile them on for me afterward! 🙂 ) but he even loves this recipe!
The sweetness from the candied jalapenos and honey really tempers the heat and makes it bearable for even those who really don’t like spicy foods.
Best part? They only take about 20 minutes to be done depending on the size of your chops.
What you need
- pork chops (your favorite kind will work)
- flour (use gluten free to make the recipe gluten free too.)
- beef broth
- brine from a jar of candied jalapenos
- candied jalapenos
How to make them
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Mix sage and flour.
- Dredge chops in the flour mixture.
- Dredge second side.
- Fry chops in a bit of oil, over high heat until golden brown.
- Flip chops and brown second side. Remove to plate. Check internal temperature.
- Once chops are browned, pour most of the additional oil and fat off. Add stock, honey and brine to pan. Scrape the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil.
- Chop jalapenos fine. Add to sauce. Cook down for a few minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add pork back to pan and bathe with the sauce. If chops were not up to 140°F, continue to cook until internal temperature measures that.
Why should you make this easy recipe?
- Quick weeknight meal
- Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes
- Totally customizable to your family’s heat tolerances
- Makes tender, delicious chops every time.
- You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops for this recipe.
What sides to serve with these chops
- sauteed, grilled or roasted vegetables
- baked, grilled or mashed potatoes or colcannon
- side salad
- potato salad or fries
Where can you get candied jalapenos?
Most full service grocery stores carry candied jalapenos in the condiment section.
You can make your own candied jalapenos. They are incredibly easy.
If all else fails, here is an Amazon link for them. (affiliate link)
The brine is not too hot but has that great jalapeño flavor! I add extra candied jalapeños for my son and I but don’t add any to my husband’s dish. He gets the flavor without too much heat for him! Win – win situation, in my book!
Other delicious pork recipes
Thanks for checking out the recipe for these delicious sweet & spicy pork chops.
If you have any questions or comments, please ask in comment section below. We’d love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe today!
Enjoy. And have fun cooking!
Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
- Mix flour, sage and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Season pork chops with salt & pepper. Dredge in flour mixture.
- Pan fry in heavy bottom pan, until golden brown on both sides
- Remove pork from pan. Then deglaze pan with beef stock, scraping off browned bits from bottom of pan. Add honey and jalapéno juice. Add jalapénos to taste. I usually add about 1/2 cup chopped. Cook sauce over high heat for a few minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Return pork chops to pan and coat with sauce. Cook until pork reaches desired temperature on meat thermometer. About, 145°F.