This Cashew Pork Stir Fry is so quick and easy! It is Gluten and Dairy free. A healthy meal for any night of the week! Pork loin is very lean!
- About Being Lactose and Gluten Intolerant
- Read the Label!!!
- Ingredients for Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- What Vegetables are Good For Stir Fries?
- How to Make This Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- Other Delicious Chinese Takeout Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Tools I Use to Make Stir Fries
- Cashew Pork Stir Fry
- For the Marinade
- For stir fry
- For Sauce
- For Marinade
- For Stir fry
- For sauce
This post is in reference to my recent blog post Chicken Lo Mein and my determination to make more stir fry!
They are generally, both Lactose Free and Gluten Free. They offer quick and easy preparation and cooking times and are healthy and delicious, so there’s really no reason not to.
About Being Lactose and Gluten Intolerant
I will mention here that the common belief lately is that ‘Gluten Free’ and ‘Lactose Free’ are the latest fad. Perhaps that’s the case but having had a gluten intolerant family member since about 1972, (the doctors and specialists sent her to a psychiatrist because they could find no physical problem, so it must have been in her ‘head’) it’s not a fad for the millions of those affected!
It was so difficult 40+ years ago to transition to gluten free due to product labeling. Add to that a severe intolerance to lactose, and everything you had ever eaten in the USA is out! Except meat, potatoes, rice, vegetables…. Processed foods were and are full of additives that contain potential allergens!
Read the Label!!!
Fast forward to 2015. Everything is labeled now, mandated by many governments. Therefore, in theory, you should be safe reading a list of ingredients, determining there are none of your particular allergens on the list and then consuming said product. As long as you can trust the label, read the fine print!
Mom was sick on a salt free ‘natural’ turkey breast from the deli today. After reading the fine print this ‘natural turkey breast, could literally kill someone as it may have been prepared in a shared facility that processes shellfish, peanuts, wheat, milk, etc. etc.! She has eaten this brand of turkey often and now they’ve changed facilities, apparently! I have been to this turkey farm on a tour. All one can see for miles are turkeys! Where did they come up with the shrimp and peanuts?
Ingredients for Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- Lean Pork (Chicken is a good substitution)
- soy sauce, for gluten free purchase tamari
- sesame oil
- rice wine vinegar
- assorted vegetables
What Vegetables are Good For Stir Fries?
- bok choy
- snow peas
- water chestnuts
- bamboo shoots
- bell peppers
- summer squash
- sliced cabbage
How to Make This Pork Stir Fry Recipe
Making this Cashew Pork could not be easier! Just get everything prepared before you start to stir fry!
- Prepare the marinade.
- Slice pork into thin strips.
- Place meat in marinade, while preparing vegetables.
- Cut up all of the vegetables, keeping them separate.
- Mix up sauce ingredients.
- Stir fry pork a little at a time for just a minute or 2. Drain and remove to large bowl.
- Stir fry all vegetables, one type at a time, for a minute.
- Add sauce ingredients and cornstarch slurry to wok.
- Cook until cornstarch darkens and sauce gets thick.
- Mix everything together for a minute, along with cashews, just to heat through.
Other Delicious Chinese Takeout Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Tools I Use to Make Stir Fries
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Cashew Pork Stir Fry
For the Marinade
- 1/4 c soy sauce buy soy sauce made with soy only (tamari). Cheaper brands contain wheat!!!
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
For stir fry
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 c celery sliced
- 1/2 c green onion sliced into about 1" pieces
- 1.5 c snow peas
- 2 c baby bok choy
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp peanut oil (Add more as neede to stir fry all vegetables)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch mixed with 1/3 c. water
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
For Stir fry
- Slice pork into strips, across the grain about 1 inch thick.
- Stir pork into marinade and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
- Mix sauce.
- Add oil to wok or large frying pan over high high heat.
- Stir fry the pork in small batches.
- When meat is done, drain excess oil and remove to a large bowl.
- Saute all vegetables in the order listed above (The order represents the time the vegetables will take to stir fry, the longest first) just for a few minutes each.
- Drain and add to bowl with pork.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the last batch of vegetables.
- When all the vegetables are done,
- Add the sauce ingredients to the wok and cook for about 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add meat, cashews and vegetables back to the wok and stir to coat with sauce and reheat.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside until the end.
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally Published 5/5/2015