This Lobster Pizza with Spinach and Gouda is a decadent treat for any night of week! Use a store bought pizza crust for this Lobster Pizza! It’s quick!
Dear God, I think I’ve died and gone to Heaven… No Seriously!! THIS IS THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD!! No, Seriously….. It is super easy and so delicious! Want to pretend you are in heaven too? Make this Lobster Pizza!
My husband’s nephew, well not really, his 2nd cousin once removed, but he’s slightly older than our eldest son and it’s just easier to say Uncle and Aunt for his four year old.
Okay are you still with me? My nephew and his four year old have been coming over most Sunday afternoons for dinner and fun. Wayne is a stupendous cook in his own right and we have a blast hanging in the kitchen and coming up with fun stuff to eat! His four year will absolutely eat ANYTHING you put in front of him, I love it!
So the boys had it in their heads that they wanted Lobster Alfredo a few weeks ago. But REAL Alfredo as my nephew says, “F&%@ that Cashew milk!” …. in other words, heavy cream! So, feeling a bit sorry myself since I couldn’t eat it, I said OK but I need a cup or so for my own dish.
This was totally better than lobster alfredo! (Well, perhaps not, but I’ll never know!)
After a trip to the local fish monger we were armed with our culls, which are not prefect (usually missing a claw) so they are only $6.99 a pound. Which is cheap for our area.
Contrary to Popular Belief, Lobster is Healthy!!
Have you heard that lobster has a lot of fat and is unhealthy? Nothing could be farther from the truth. That is, if you skip the butter!!! At less than 100 calories per serving, lobster has less calories, saturated fat and cholesterol than beef, chicken or pork!! Surprised? Check out this article!!
How to Make Lobster Pizza
- Dice onions.
- Soften onions in large saute pan.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook on medium low until slightly browned.
- Add spinach.
- Saute and stir until barely wilted.
- Grate cheese.
- Cut up lobster.
- Roll and stretch out pizza dough.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add spinach mushroom mixture to top of dough.
- Sprinkle with lobster.
- Add both cheeses.
Bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes, until crust is nicely browned.
Other delicious Pizzas on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below! I would love to hear from you!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make Lobster Pizza
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Lobster Pizza with Spinach and Gouda
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 c baby spinach leaves
- 1 Pizza Dough , store bought or homemade
- 1 tbsp corn meal to sprinkle on pan or stone
- 1 c cooked lump lobster meat
- 1 1/2 c shredded Gouda Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded
- Saute' onion in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and continue sauteing until lightly browned. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If you have a pizza stone, heat the stone.
- I sprinkle corn meal on parchment paper and then slide the parchment onto the stone because I don't have a pizza peel.
- Stretch dough and roll into 10-12" round.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Spread mushrooms and spinach evenly across dough.
- Top with lobster and then the cheeses.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and bubbly
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally Published 4/30/2016