This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #YouPAMDoIt #PAMInControl #CollectiveBias
These Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Cornish Roasted Game Hens are, as the name suggests, sweet and spicy, due to the fact that I use the brine from my Candied Jalapeños for the glaze! The Cornish Game Hens stay moist and juicy and the skin is crispy with just a little hint of heat!!
I’m delighted to be partnering with NEW PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil for this post! I have been using PAM cooking sprays for decades and I’m so excited that they have now introduced a non aerosol, Spray Pump Olive Oil! I have bought many pump sprayers for different oils in the past. Every different make and model has been tried from Chef’s stores and online. After a few months I inevitably end up throwing out the sprayers because there is absolutely no way that I have found to properly clean them! You can never get all the grease off of them! PAM Spray Pump has now solved this dilemma for me and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Now all I have to do is rinse the bottle and recycle it!
The other beautiful thing about using PAM Spray Pump, as opposed to oil in a spritzer is that PAM Spray Pump is not oil! It is a cooking spray that has far superior no- stick properties than plain oil!
To get the best price, purchase the PAM at Walmart, which is conveniently located only 10 miles from me!
You can find the New PAM Olive Oil Spray in aisle 17 of the new Walmart Superstore on Bay Point Dr. in Webster, NY.
Earn $1 when you buy one (1) PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil or Canola Oil
I serve these Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Cornish Roasted Game Hens with a special Spicy Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing. The recipe for that shall follow shortly!! Of course, our favorite stuffing is stuffin’ muffins, so I spray the muffin tins with PAM Spray Pump. It makes for easy cleanup! Let’s face it, who doesn’t like the crispies best?? We used to fight for the crispies when my Mom stuffed a bird!
Look at how beautiful these Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Roasted Cornish Game Hens are!! Of course they are made so much healthier using PAM Spray Pump as opposed to butter! I can control the amount of fat added to these hens!
If you like the sound of these Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Cornish Roasted Game Hens, you will also love these Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Pork Chops! Thanks for stopping by today and checking out the recipe for Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Roasted Game Hens! Let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Glazed Roasted Game Hens
- 4 Cornish Game Hens, about 1 pound per bird
- salt & pepper, about 3 teaspoons, each
- PAM Spray Pump Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup juice from canned candied jalapeños
- canned jalapeños for garnish
- 1/2 small onion, cut into 8ths or use cornbread stuffing
- 1 stalk celery, sliced or use cornbread stuffing
- 1 small carrot, sliced or use cornbread stuffing
- Wash, and thoroughly dry Game Hens with paper towel. Start oven to 350°F.
- Spray chicken with a few pumps of PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil cooking spray. Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the bird.
- If using stuffing, loosely stuff bird. If not using stuffing, place a few slices of onion, carrot and celery to the cavity.
- Place birds in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and glaze with candied jalapeño juice. Return to oven. Baste about every 10 minutes with juice.
- At 50 minutes, increase temperature to 400°F to brown birds, baste again.
- Use a thermometer to check that thigh temperature is 180°F. Once temperature is reached, tent with aluminum foil and let rest about 10 minutes.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are I use and enjoy and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Binky’s Culinary Carnival is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Buying through the Amazon links will not increase your cost for the product!