This Cauliflower Cheese Soup couldn’t be easier! It’s creamy and delicious without heavy cream! To make it vegan, just use a vegan cheese substitute or nutritional yeast!
It has been so damn cold here this winter, I don’t even want to go out of this house! I’m worried all of the below zero nights are going to affect my peach crop for next year, too!! Boohoo! 😟
For this reason, all I want to do is stay inside and eat soup! I even send the boys to the grocery store! I love soup! Any kind of soup! Like this Carrot Soup, or this Mexican Turkey Soup. Or.. this delicious cauliflower soup!
This soup is gluten free and easily made vegan by just substituting the cheese! It totally tastes like cauliflower au gratin without the hassle of making a bechamel!
Check out my video on YouTube here!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Cauliflower Cheese Soup! What is your favorite soup? I can’t say as though I really have one! I love them all!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 small carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup approximately, water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1- 1 1/2 cup whole milk, lactose free milk, almond or cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or vegan substitute
- Sauté carrot, celery and onion in large pot over medium heat until soft but not browned.
- Add cauliflower and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add potato, vegetable stock and spices. Cook for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
- Pureé with immersion blender or in a blender until desired smoothness.
- Pour back into pot. Add milk and mix through. Allow milk to heat up. Then add cheese and stir to melt.