This Curried Carrot Soup is easy, vegan, gluten free and a perfect bowl of health food to get you through the long, cold winter months!
You know when you look in the vegetable drawer and there is a bag of carrots that got lost in the bottom? This is the perfect way to use them up quickly! Make a double batch because it freezes so well and makes a great lunch or light dinner with a sandwich! Best of all, it is super easy!
Curried Carrot Soup Method
All you have to do, literally, is rough chop the vegetables throw all of the ingredients in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are very soft. Once the vegetables are soft, run an immersion blender until the soup is very smooth. I enjoy this soup best the next day! The flavors have time to mingle! Here is another yummy vegan soup I made this summer, Curried Yellow Squash soup!
Brilliant! Easy, healthy and delicious!! What more could you ask? I love this soup with a grilled fill- in- the- blank ( ie; tuna, ham, beef) and cheese sandwich, for a complete, easy meal! Even my teenager and twenty something are full after indulging!
Did I mention that this is totally health food, too? With the carrots, peppers, garlic, turmeric and ginger, it is a powerhouse of vitamins and antioxidants! I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for this healthy, delicious, nutritious Curried Carrot Soup! What is your favorite soup in the winter?
Other Delicious Soup Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Tools I Use to Make Carrot Soup
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Curried Carrot Soup
- 8 large carrots
- 3 roasted bell peppers
- 2 large cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, rough chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste.
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut cream skimmed from the top of a can of coconut milk
- Rough chop all of the vegetables and add them to a saucepan.
- Barely cover with vegetable stock or water.
- Add spices. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes, until vegetables are very soft.
- Process with an immersion blender or in batches in blender until smooth.
- Return to pot. Add coconut cream and combine.
- I find this soup is even better if refrigerated at this point and warmed the next day. It gives the spices a chance to combine and develop! This soup freezes very well so make a double batch and freeze!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!