These Lemon Chicken thighs are so very tasty and so easy! Lemon Chicken Thighs only takes less than 30 minutes for all of the preparation and 30 to cook!
So, the other day, Eric was watching the Food Network. Yes, I know what you’re thinking, I have created a monster! A few short years ago, he would have been watching a hunting or fishing show on the outdoor channel!
Anyway, he liked the sound of Ina’s Lemon Chicken Breasts and it stuck in his head for days. Everyday he would say, what’s for dinner tonight? I would have an answer everyday. Until one. “Let’s do that lemon chicken!” “OK, what was in it?”, I say. Long story short, we did our own version of Ina’s chicken and we are crazy about it!
With a few chicken thighs, a couple of lemons and a few fresh herbs from the cutting garden, dinner is on the table in less than an hour!
I never looked at the recipe until just now and I’m glad we did it our way! I honestly can’t imagine why she wouldn’t brown the chicken first. Maybe she wanted it super easy with few steps. Color equals flavor in food and browning the chicken is where a lot of the flavor for the finished dish comes from. So take my word for it, brown the chicken!
This is such a beautifully tasty dish! Added bonus? It’s so very easy! I think you will really love this one! We love easy pasta recipes! This Chicken Capri Parmigiana is one of Eric’s favorite!
Is there anything better than a meal that is done in less than hour for those busy weeknights when you are short on time? I think not!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Eric's Lemon Chicken
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, large
- 1/4 large white onion
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. salt to taste
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 3 tbsp chives for garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in oven safe frying pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- While the chicken is browning, add the garlic and onion to a food processor bowl and pulse until fully crushed.
- Add lemon juice and zest and the herbs and combine. Drizzle in olive oil until a smooth sauce forms.
- When chicken is browned, check the temperature with a meat thermometer. If the temperature is at least 165°F you won't have to finish it in the oven. If not preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the chicken from pan. Set aside.
- Add the food processor ingredients to the pan. Add the chicken stock and wine and Parmesan cheese heat through. Add 2 tablespoons of chives to the sauce. Then add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the sauce and melt.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and finish in the oven for about 15 minutes until the chicken registers 165°F on your meat thermometer.
- While chicken is finishing, cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining pasta, reserve a mug full of the starchy cooking water. Drain pasta. Return to the pot you cooked it in.
- Add sauce from the chicken and enough of the of the cooking water to make a nice sauce. Serve with the chicken. Garnish with the fresh herbs and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.