These Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are super crispy! If you have a busy night and need dinner in less than 30 minutes, this is the recipe for you!
I think we can all agree that the very best part of roasted chicken is the crispy skin! These thighs cooked in the air fryer are the crispiest we have ever had! The best part is that they are done so much faster than they are in the oven – and believe it or not, even crispier! The second best part? They are so very easy!
What you need to make this recipe
The essentials for making these Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are simply the chicken thighs, salt, pepper and a mild oil, such as olive oil (Do Not use extra virgin!), or canola or vegetable oil.
Optional spices and herbs
You can use any of your favorite spices for this chicken, or just do them plain. Some of the spice cominations we like to use are;
- cumin and chili powder
- parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme ♫ ♪
- curry powder and cumin
How to make this recipe
- Dry chicken thoroughly on both sides. Particularly the skin.
- Brush thighs with oil and liberally salt and pepper on both sides.
Preheat air fryer to 350°F/175°C on fry mode for a couple minutes. Don’t overcrowd chicken pieces. The pieces should not touch each other. Place chicken in air fryer (I like to start them skin side down) and fry for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from air fryer and flip chicken over. Return to air fryer another 10 minutes. Check temperature with a thermometer. They should be 165°F/75°C. Larger thighs may take a few more minutes.
**Recipe made for Cuisinart A60 Air Fryer / Convection oven. Air fryers differ in wattage so cook time may be different for your air fryer.
Can you reheat these?
The chicken can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat chicken at 350°F/175°C for about 10 minutes to get the skin nice and crispy again.
Other air fryer recipes
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make these delicious, crispy thighs. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp oil olive (not extra virgin), canola, vegetable
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels.
- Brush both sides with oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken. Place on basket of air fryer skin side down.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F/175°C for a couple minutes.
- Place chicken in preheated air fryer for ten minutes.
- Carefully remove from air fryer. Flip chicken over.
- Air fry for additional 10 minutes.
- Temp the chicken. Pieces should be 165°F/75°C. Larger ones may take an additional couple of minutes.
- Recipe based on cooking time with a Cuisinart TOA65. Other air fryers may need to adjusted for time. Air fryers have different wattages so may cook differently.
- Optional herbs and spices that can be added to chicken.
- cumin and chili powder
parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme ♫ ♪
curry powder and cumin
- These chicken thighs can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Reheat chicken by placing in oven, skin side up, for about 10 minutes, to recrisp.
- This chicken can be frozen, once cooked and used in other recipes.
- Always thaw in the refrigerator.
- Do not skip drying off the chicken! The skin will not get crispy if you don't.