This Orange Pineapple Coconut Bread has a burst of tropical flavors! Pineapple Coconut Bread only takes about 10 minutes to get in the oven!
I was kind of sick of making Christmas cookies this morning. It seems like I’ve been making cookies all month.. Oh yea I have been! I also wanted to add a little volume to my gift baskets and quick bread is a simple, and as the name suggests, quick, addition to your gift basket! Literally, 10 minutes from start to finish! Let the oven do the rest of the work!!
I’ve been contemplating this combination of flavors since shortly after making the Orange Cranberry Pumpkin Bread last month. At least the pineapple and coconut. After making the Orange Cranberry Pumpkin Bread it dawned on me that Orange would be a great addition. The orange did not disappoint! It is so moist and crust is nice and crispy!
How to Make Orange Pineapple Coconut Bread
Coarsely chop almonds, in food processor or by hand.
Drain pineapple and coarsely chop. Place in a colander and drain further.
Quarter orange and grind, coarsely, also.
Measure dry ingredients.
Beat eggs. Add orange and pineapple. I use my Kitchenaid 6 qt. professional mixer! It’s the best and will accommodate large batches of dough!
Add sugar and mix until light and frothy.
Add flour about cup at a time and mix in between additions.
Fill greased mini loaf pans. I spray with No- stick spray. Sprinkle tops of loaves with about 1/2 cup additional coconut.
Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350°F. I loosely covered them with aluminum foil after about 40 minutes so the coconut on top didn’t get too brown.
Notice the chunks of orange and pineapple in this deliciously moist quick bread!!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make Orange Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Orange, Pineapple, Coconut Quick Bread
- 3 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3 c sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 can pineapple
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c sweetened flaked coconut plus about 1/2 c. to sprinkle on top of loaves
- 1/2 c nuts , almonds, walnuts, pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C.
- Process nuts in food processor.
- Process pineapple in food processor, if using sliced or chunk pineapple, leave a few of the pieces pea sized or so. Place in a colander to further drain. Press down with a fork or your hand to drain further.
- Quarter orange and remove seeds. Place pieces in food processor and pulse a few times. Rind pieces should not be too large, but I like some of them about pea size or slightly larger.
- Mix flour with baking soda, salt, nutmeg. ginger. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add pineapple and orange and combine.
- Add dry ingredients about 1 cup at a time, just until mixed..
- Incorporate Coconut and nuts to the batter by hand.
- Spray loaf pans with no stick spray.
- Fill loaf pans 2/3 full.
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour, depending on size of loaves, or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool on cooling rack in the pans for at least 1 hour. Then slide knife down the edges to loosen. If they are cool enough, they literally fall right out when turned upside down. Let loaves cool fully on rack.
- These freeze well but crust will get slightly soggy. To freeze. wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil or freezer paper.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally Published 12/20/2014