These Air Fryer Chicken Wings could not be easier! This Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe is so crispy and perfect if you want to eat lighter!
We have a New Year and I am determined, through the course of the year to find the new me! Join me! Here’s to a New Year, New You!
To this end we bought Binky’s Culinary Carnival a Christmas present!
After much research, searching for the best, most cost efficient air fryer, with the best reviews, we settled on the Cuisinart TO-60A. I have many Cuisinart kitchen tools, and they are all beasts. They hold up for years and perform the task they specialize in, perfectly. I have also had great experiences with their customer support, which many of other brands available, fell flat on.
Since Christmas, we have been air frying just about everything, I will get to them all in due time. We have made these wings 10 times!
Are air fryer chicken wings healthy?
We don’t even feel bad eating them often, because they are not those deep fried wings that we get from the pizza shop down the street. This Air Fryer Chicken Wing recipe will contain the same amount of calories as a pound of chicken, or 180 calories for 3 ounces, which is generally considered a serving of proteins.
As long as you don’t use the air fryer to reheat previously fried, frozen foods, you will be eating healthier than deep frying. Some interesting research on air fried foods, is here.
Do air fryer chicken wings get crispy?
These crispy chicken wings cooked in the air fryer have a perfectly crispy skin on the outside, without the meat on the inside being dry and overdone, as may happen in the oven. Perfect for snacks, game day or your next party.
Ingredients you need
- fresh chicken wings or frozen chicken wings. If you are cooking from frozen, buy a brand that freezes the drummette and the flat separately.
Optional spices and flavors
- garlic powder
- lemon pepper seasoning
- hot sauce
How to make this recipe
- Cut tips off of wings. Separate whole chicken wings into drumettes and wingettes with meat clever. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Place wings in large bowl and season with salt and pepper. If your air fryer has a temperature gauge, set temperature at 400 degrees F.
- Place on wire rack for air fryer or in your air fryer basket. Place them in a single layer, leaving room between so that the wings aren’t touching. Cook for 10 minutes on first side.
- Remove from air fryer and flip to second side with tongs . Continue cooking until crispy and internal temperature measures 165°F.
- Toss with your favorite sauce.
- Cook multiple batches if needed.
The other wonderful thing about the air fryer, is that your food takes a lot less time than if you were to do them in the oven. And again, by the time the skin is crispy, in the oven, many times the meat is overdone!
Sauces for chicken wings
Some of the sauces you can use to coat these chicken wings are:
- Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce (pictured above)
- Peach BBQ Sauce
- Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (coming soon to BCC)
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- garlic parmesan sauce
- lemon pepper wings
- Buffalo sauce
Suitable dipping sauces for chicken wings
Everyone knows that next to being crispy, you have to have a sauce for dipping those luscious chicken wings! Your dipping sauce will greatly depend on the sauce you decide to add to the chicken wings. Some dipping sauces, really require no additional sauce. Some of our favorite dipping sauces for chicken wings are:
- Classic Blue Cheese dressing
- Spicy Jalapeno Aioli
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Peanut Sauce (coming soon to BCC)
Serve them with celery and carrots sticks, crispy sweet potato fries or regular fries.
How to store leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. For longer storage place them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
This makes a super easy dinner in the future without cooking. Just reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes on each side.
I hope you enjoyed the post today for these Air fryer Chicken Wings! The first, but certainly not the last, air fryer recipe, here on BCC!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I use to make air fried chicken wings
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosre, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- salt & pepper to taste
- your favorite sauce, to coat
- your favorite dipping sauce
- celery sticks
- carrots sticks
- Cut tips off of wings. Separate flats from drumettes with meat clever.
- Place wings in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on fryer tray. I separate the flats from the drumettes, but they take approximately the same time to cook.
- Set dial to Air fry and temperature to 400°F, if your air fryer has the ability to be changed.
- Set timer for ten minutes. Carefully remove from air fryer and flip each wing with tongs.
- Continue cooking for 10 more minutes, or until crispy.
- Coat with your favorite Sauce.
Air Fryers vary in wattage, and therefore in cooking times. This recipe is based using my Cuisinart TOA60. If your air fryer is different, carefully watch food the first time you make it, so that it doesn’t burn.
Preheating your air fryer will give you the best, crispiest result. Check your brand of air fryer user manual to see if preheating is recommended.
Air fryers preheat in about 3-4 minutes.
Use cooking spray or a fine mist sprayer to spray food prior to cooking, with the exception of baked goods.
Don’t overcrowd foods so air can circulate all around.
Flip foods over half way through cooking. Calories stated above is for 3 oz. of plain wings. Add the calories for any sauces you use for total calories!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally published 1/13/19