These Air Fryer Chicken Wings could not be easier! This Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe is so crispy and perfect if you want to eat lighter!
- Are Air Fryer Chicken Wings healthy?
- Do Air Fryer Chicken Wings Get Crispy?
- How to Make this Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe
- Sauces for Chicken Wings
- Suitable Dipping Sauces for Chicken Wings
- Tools I Use to Make Air Fried Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
We have a New Year and I am determined, through the course of the year to find the new me! Join me! Here’s to a New Year, New You!
To this end we bought Binky’s Culinary Carnival a Christmas present!
After much research, searching for the best, most cost efficient air fryer, with the best reviews, we settled on the Cuisinart TO-60A. I have many Cuisinart kitchen tools, and they are all beasts! They hold up for years and perform the task they specialize in, perfectly! I have also had great experiences with their customer support, which many of other brands available, fell flat on!
Since Christmas, we have been air frying just about everything, I will get to them all in due time! We have made these Air fryer chicken wing recipe 10 times!
Are Air Fryer Chicken Wings healthy?
We don’t even feel bad eating them often, because they are not those deep fried wings that we get from the pizza shop down the street! This Air Fryer Chicken Wing recipe will contain the same amount of calories as a pound of chicken, or 180 calories for 3 ounces, which is generally considered a serving of proteins!
As long as you don’t use the air fryer to reheat previously fried, frozen foods, you will be eating healthier than deep frying. Some interesting research on air fried foods, is here.
Do Air Fryer Chicken Wings Get Crispy?
Chicken wings cooked in the air fryer are so deliciously crispy on the outside, without the meat being dry and overdone, as may happen in the oven!
How to Make this Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe
- Cut tips off of wings. Separate drumettes from flats with meat clever.
- Place wings in large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on wire rack for air fryer. I leave room between so that the wings aren’t touching. Cook for 10 minutes on first side.
- Remove from air fryer and flip to second side with tongs . Continue cooking until crispy and internal temperature measures 165°F.
- Coat with your favorite sauce.
The other wonderful thing about the air fryer, is that your food takes a lot less time than if you were to do them in the oven. And again, by the time the skin is crispy, in the oven, many times the meat is overdone!
Sauces for Chicken Wings
Some of the sauces you can use to coat these chicken wings are:
- Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce (pictured above)
- Peach BBQ Sauce
- Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (coming soon to BCC)
- Sweet Chili Sauce
Suitable Dipping Sauces for Chicken Wings
Everyone knows that next to being crispy, you have to have a sauce for dipping those luscious chicken wings! Your dipping sauce will greatly depend on the sauce you decide to add to the chicken wings. Some dipping sauces, really require no additional sauce. Some of our favorite dipping sauces for chicken wings are:
- Classic Blue Cheese
- Spicy Jalapeno Aioli
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Peanut Sauce (coming soon to BCC)
I hope you enjoyed the post today for these Air fryer Chicken Wings! The first, but certainly not the last, air fryer recipe, here on BCC!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make Air Fried Chicken Wings
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosre, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- salt & pepper to taste
- your favorite sauce, to coat
- your favorite dipping sauce
- celery sticks
- Cut tips off of wings. Separate flats from drumettes with meat clever.
- Place wings in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on fryer tray. I separate the flats from the drumettes, but they take approximately the same time to cook.
- Set dial to Air fry and temperature to 400°F, if your air fryer has the ability to be changed.
- Set timer for ten minutes. Carefully remove from air fryer and flip each wing with tongs.
- Continue cooking for 10 more minutes, or until crispy.
- Coat with your favorite Sauce.
Different air fryers will require different times to cook the wings. The first time you try them in your air fryer, watch them carefully!
Calories stated above is for 3 oz. of plain wings. Add the calories for any sauces you use for total calories!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally published 1/13/19