This Classic Meatloaf is probably just like your grandmother made! This meatloaf has a tangy and sweet BBQ style sauce on the top and is so moist!
Meatloaf is a mixture of meat, either beef or a mixture of meats, such as pork, lamb, venison, veal. The most popular mix is called “Meatloaf mix”, which is a mixture of beef, pork and veal. Meatloaf was made popular during the great recession and used to be a staple food in the 1950’s and 60’s.
As a child, I think that we ate meatloaf a few times per month. This was my mom’s go to recipe and we have been making it for many years, with good reason! It is the best meatloaf we have ever eaten.
How to Make Classic Meatloaf
- Measure and chop all ingredients.
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk.
- Whisk eggs.
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Mix well with hands, but don’t overwork.
- Place meatloaf in large bread pan sprayed with no stick spray. Bake 1 hour.
- Meanwhile add sauce ingredients to small saucepan.
- Mix. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until meatloaf is done.
- When meatloaf is almost cooked through, carefully remove from oven and brush with sauce. Bake for an additional 15 minutes to heat sauce. Serve with additional sauce at table.
What to Serve with Meatloaf
What goes well with Classic Meatloaf? Meatloaf is quite versatile and lends itself to pair with many other different side dishes. Such as;
- Simple Baked Potato (with our without sour cream)
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Potatoes
- Noodles with Butter
- Casserole Marie Blanche
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Brussels Sprouts
- Simple Side Salad
- Grilled Asparagus
Other Delicious Comfort Food Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Tools I Use to Make Classic Meatloaf
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
That’s how easy it is to make Classic Meatloaf. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly, but do not overwork.
- Place meatloaf in a large bread pan, spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until browned on top and internal temperature measures 165°F. In the last 10 minutes, glaze the top with lots of the sauce.
- Add all ingredients to small pot. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
CARING IS SHARING
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later, share it on Facebook, tweet about it and Yum it to Yummly! I greatly appreciate it!! Tag me @binkysculinarycarnival or #binkysculinarycarnival!!