These Lamb Burgers are so juicy and tender! Who doesn’t like lamb and Feta together? They are really made for each other, don’t you think?
My husband and son are crazy about lamb. So I make lamb for them at least half a dozen times a year. I honestly find them so fatty for such a small animal so I have not been a huge fan.. until these! Oh my God, they are so tender, juicy and flavorful you will not believe it!
If you’ve never made aioli (basically mayonnaise) before, you really should. It takes less than 5 minutes and is healthier and tastier than any store bought mayonnaise without all the extra ingredients that you can’t even pronounce! You really only need egg yolks, olive oil and a bit of salt to make basic aioli.
- Since we’re making garlic aioli, mince garlic.
- Smash the minced garlic and salt with the side of your knife to make a paste.
- Separate the eggs, you will only need the yolks. Freeze the egg whites for another application. They are great used in omelets, souffle’, macaroons and a host of other treats.
- Combine the garlic, salt, lemon juice and egg yolks. Stream in good quality extra virgin olive oil until the mixture emulsifies and becomes nice and thick.
- Add the chopped mint and just combine. ….Done!
- Refrigerate to let the flavors combine.
On to the Lamb Burgers
Next we’ll tackle the lamb burgers on YouTube. Short video will show the entire method. Then go ahead and sink your teeth into these tasty treats!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Juicy, tender lamb burgers with a lemon, garlic aioli to kick it up a notch!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 medium clove garlic , grated
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 2 slices Brie Cheese , sliced mushrooms, sauteed, roasted sweet peppers, optional
- Separate 3 eggs , reserve whites for another use
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped mint
- about 1/2 c. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grate onion and garlic directly over bowl with ground lamb.
- Form into 4 Burgers, make an indentation in the center of one side.
- Place burgers with the indented side down.
- Grill burgers or cook in a grill pan with a bit of olive oil over high heat until nicely browned.
- Flip and top with cheese.
- We continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. (Rare). USDA recommends 160 degrees, these will be well done.
- Let burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings and Lemon, Garlic and Mint Aioli.
- Mince garlic.
On a cutting board smash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef's knife to form a paste.
Garlic should be well pasted.
Place garlic paste, eggs and lemon juice in a food processor container.
- Turn food processor on and stream in olive oil in a very slow stream until the mixture emulsifies and becomes thick. About the consistency of mayonnaise.
Add chopped mint and pepper
- If it becomes too thick you can add more lemon juice or a few drops of water to thin.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.