These Healthy Tortilla chips only use 3 ingredients and are cooked in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! They are super crispy, fresh and delicious!
I never buy a bag of tortilla chips any more because these chips are so delicious!
What you need
- corn or flour tortillas
- cooking spray or olive oil
Why these healthy tortilla chips work
- They only take about 6 minutes to make in your air fryer.
- These chips have less saturated fat than traditional fried chips.
- Healthy tortilla chips have less salt than traditional chips.
- They can be made ahead, and served hot or cold.
- We find corn chips far superior to flour.
- They taste like our favorite local restaurant-style tortilla chips
- Low in fat and cholesterol.
- Customize these chips with your own spices and flavorings!
What optional spices you can use
- chipotle powder
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast, garlic powder paprika and chili powder (for nacho cheese flavor)
- chili powder
- toss in lime juice
- cinnamon and sugar
How to make healthy tortilla chips
- Cut good quality tortillas in 6 or 8 pie shaped pieces with pizza cutter.
- Arrange chips on basket, so that they don’t touch. Spray with non stick cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil and the like. Sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F. Air fry for 3-4 minutes on the first side. Remove from air fryer.
Carefully flip with tongs. Continue to air fry for another 3 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and crispy.
How to use them
Use these homemade tortilla chips for;
- dips – like guacamole, salsa, bean dip, etc.
- snacking – they are so much better for you than potato chips
- To store chips, place in an air tight container. Store on counter, or closet.
- Can be made a day before they are needed.
- To reheat, place in warm oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or serve cold.
- Use high quality, thick tortillas, for the best results. Cheaper varieties are not as good.
- You can make white corn tortilla chips, blue corn tortilla chips, yellow corn tortilla chips or flour tortilla chips. Use whole grains tortillas for an even healthier option.
- Will last 2-3 days (if they last that long!).
Other delicious air fryer recipes
Tools I use to make healthy tortilla chips
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
That’s how easy it is to make healthy tortilla chips. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Healthy Tortilla Chips in the Air Fryer
- Cut tortillas in to 8 pieces. A pizza cutter works great for this task.
- Brush a light coat of oil on each chip. You can also use cooking spray to coat, both sides.
- Place in single layer on air fryer basket. Sprinkle with salt.
- Air fry at 300°F for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove basket from air fryer. Flip chips over. Continue to air fry for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned and very crispy.
Originally published 4/3/20