Add any of your favorite toppings to create these easy Chicken Nachos! Chicken nachos are delicious, economical and done in less than 30 minutes! Nachos can be made with any protein you like! Vegan? Use black beans for the protein! These Chicken Nachos are one of our favorite!
The beauty of serving nachos for dinner is they are totally customizable! Add any of your favorite toppings to create a culinary masterpiece! Economical and done in less than 30 minutes, fresh chicken!
They are not just great for a fast, easy dinner, though. Serve them as an appetizer at your next party and everyone will be flocking around table. Set up a toppings bar so that your guests can choose their favorite toppings! Eric, for instance won’t eat them without extra sour cream for a topping!
What you need for chicken
- olive oil
- chili powder
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
or substitute Adobo seasoning for spices.
For chicken nachos
- torillas, you could use corn or flour
- sour cream
- black beans or refried beans
Other optional toppings
We end up having Mexican style foods at least once a week. Besides being quick, easy and tasty, they are naturally gluten free and can easily be adapted to be lactose/dairy free!
Why does this recipe work?
- Super easy.
- Done in less than 30 minutes.
- Customizable to your familys’ individual tastes.
- Perfect use for any leftovers you have in the house.
- Can be reheated in the oven for about 10 minutes, until hot and crispy.
For best flavor, use high quality, organic chicken breasts or thighs, such as these that came with my ButcherBox order!
How to Make Chicken Nachos
- Seasoned chicken in bowl.
- Chicken added to pan with oil and spices.
- Cook chicken until golden on first side. Flip pieces over.
- Flip over again. To ensure all chicken is cooked through.
- Place tortilla chips on cast iron skillet or on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chicken and beans.
- Top with cheese
Broil for a few minutes, until cheese is melted, golden and bubbly. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Serve with desired toppings.
I literally make nachos with whatever leftovers are in the house, too. If you are using leftover proteins, these will take you less than 15 minutes! Use, beef, pork, venison or chicken. If you are vegan, or just steering toward a more plant based diet, substitute with beans!
Other Delicious Mexican Dishes for Cinco de Mayo
- Chicken enchiladas
- Venison Slow Cooker Tacos
- Chorizo Tacos
- Chorizo Heuvos Rancheros
- Steak Taquitos
- Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Tools I use to make Chicken Nachos
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
What are your favorite nachos? Let me know in the comments below! I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Chicken Nachos!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 Tortilla chips I like the scoop shape because they hold more!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- optional toppings include Diced onion, sliced green onion, sliced black olives, jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- garnishes include shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced avocado, sour cream or Mexican Creme
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Over high heat, quickly brown chicken on one side and then flip over. Depending on the size of your pieces this should take 5 minutes, or so.
- Spread tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Grate cheese and prepare any additional toppings.
- Place beans in a microwaveable dish. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Start broiler on high.
- Add dollops of beans to the top of the tortilla chips.
- Top with chicken and any other toppings you are using.
- Add grated cheese to the top. Broil about 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully!
- Garnish and serve immediately.
- Diced onion
- sliced green onion
- sliced black olives
- jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- sour cream or Mexican Creme