Add any of your favorite toppings to create these easy Chicken Nachos! Chicken nachos are delicious, economical and done in less than 30 minutes! Nachos can be made with any protein you like! Vegan? Use black beans for the protein! These Chicken Nachos are one of our favorite!
The beauty of serving nachos for dinner is they are totally customizable! Add any of your favorite toppings to create a culinary masterpiece! Economical and done in less than 30 minutes, fresh chicken!
They are not just great for a fast, easy dinner, though. Serve them as an appetizer at your next party and everyone will be flocking around table. Set up a toppings bar so that your guests can choose their favorite toppings! Eric, for instance won’t eat them without extra sour cream for a topping!
What you need for chicken
- olive oil
- chili powder
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
or substitute Adobo seasoning for spices.
For chicken nachos
- torillas, you could use corn or flour
- sour cream
- black beans or refried beans
Other optional toppings
- black olives
- pickled red onions
- pickled radish
We end up having Mexican style foods at least once a week. Besides being quick, easy and tasty, they are naturally gluten free and can easily be adapted to be lactose/dairy free!
Why does this recipe work?
- Super easy.
- Done in less than 30 minutes.
- Customizable to your familys’ individual tastes.
- Perfect use for any leftovers you have in the house.
- Can be reheated in the oven for about 10 minutes, until hot and crispy.
For best flavor, use high quality, organic chicken breasts or thighs, such as these that came with my ButcherBox order!
How to Make Chicken Nachos
- Seasoned chicken in bowl.
- Chicken added to pan with oil and spices.
- Cook chicken until golden on first side. Flip pieces over.
- Flip over again. To ensure all chicken is cooked through.
- Place tortilla chips on cast iron skillet or on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chicken and beans.
- Top with cheese
Broil for a few minutes, until cheese is melted, golden and bubbly. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Serve with desired toppings.
I literally make nachos with whatever leftovers are in the house, too. If you are using leftover proteins, these will take you less than 15 minutes! Use, beef, pork, venison or chicken. If you are vegan, or just steering toward a more plant based diet, substitute with beans!
Other Delicious Mexican Dishes for Cinco de Mayo
- Chicken enchiladas
- Venison Slow Cooker Tacos
- Chorizo Tacos
- Chorizo Heuvos Rancheros
- Steak Taquitos
- Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Tools I use to make Chicken Nachos
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
What are your favorite nachos? Let me know in the comments below! I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Chicken Nachos!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 Tortilla chips I like the scoop shape because they hold more!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- optional toppings include Diced onion, sliced green onion, sliced black olives, jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- garnishes include shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced avocado, sour cream or Mexican Creme
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Over high heat, quickly brown chicken on one side and then flip over. Depending on the size of your pieces this should take 5 minutes, or so.
- Spread tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Grate cheese and prepare any additional toppings.
- Place beans in a microwaveable dish. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Start broiler on high.
- Add dollops of beans to the top of the tortilla chips.
- Top with chicken and any other toppings you are using.
- Add grated cheese to the top. Broil about 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully!
- Garnish and serve immediately.
- Diced onion
- sliced green onion
- sliced black olives
- jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- sour cream or Mexican Creme
We have been making lots of nachos at our house because they are easy and everyone enjoys them. I’m loving your take on a quick and easy meal loved by all.
Yes, they’re great, aren’t they? Thanks Kelly!
We made these nachos for dinner last night and they were a hit! They will definitely be on our regular rotation!
We love them too! The fun part is that they are a little different every time, depending on what you have in the house!
This was an easy and delicious dinner for my family. It’s definitely going to be a repeat. 🙂
That’s great to hear! Thank you Anita!
Love this! Super easy and the whole family loves it.
That’s great to hear! Thanks so much Andrea!
Easy weeknight dinner for the win! Can’t go wrong with these chicken nachos!
No doubt Taylor! Thanks so much!
I am a huge nacho fanatic and these look like perfection!! I’ve had Greek nachos before (on pita chips) that are really good, but I feel like the classics, like this one, are always best when a craving hits!
I’ve had Greek nachos, as well, but I prefer the traditional too! Thanks Sues!
Britt | Sweet Tea and Thyme
Chicken nachos are seriously the best! Great recipe.
Thanks so much! I appreciate your comment, Britt! Feliz Cinco de Mayo
Monica | Nourish & Fete
I love this – so delicious! There’s nothing quite so fun as declaring it “nachos for dinner” night – I’d say I do this 3 or 4 times a year, and it’s the only time we sit in front of the TV while we’re eating! You’re absolutely right that they’re totally customizable – one more reason they make a great meal!
It is fun for the kids to eat in front of the TV! It’s like vacation! I remember when I was a kid! Thanks, Monica! Have a wonderful weekend and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Gotta love a solid nacho recipe that’s easy to make and adaptable. Yum!
Nothing quite like nachos, is there? Thanks Rae! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
This my kind of comfort food! I can just imagine the combination of flavors and textures! Can’t wait to make this for our fiesta party tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy, Lalaine! They are so fun to make just about any day! Thank you!
Bobby Do Tube
Love chicken nachos! It’s for a family and friends get together. Thanks for the post, looks good!
i’m crazy about them too! Let me know what you think! Thanks for the comment Bobby!
Yummy! Love this recipe Beth, twitting it!
I am slightly addicted to Mexican foods, Patty! Thank you!!!