Nachos can be made with any protein you like! Vegan? Use black beans for the protein! These Chicken Nachos are one of our favorite!
The beauty of serving nachos for dinner is they are totally customizable! Add any of your favorite toppings to create a culinary masterpiece! Economical and done in less than 15 minutes! They are not just great for a fast, easy dinner, though. Serve them as an appetizer at your next party and everyone will be flocking around table. Set up a toppings bar so that your guests can choose their favorite toppings! Eric, for instance won’t eat them without extra sour cream for a topping!
We end up having Mexican style foods at least once a week. Besides being quick, easy and tasty, they are naturally gluten free and can easily be adapted to be lactose/dairy free!
I literally make nachos with whatever leftovers are in the house. Beef, pork, venison and yes, chicken nachos are all great choices!
Did I single handedly eat all of the nachos on this plate? Why, yes. Yes I did! 🙂 They are rather addicting!!
What are your favorite nachos? Let me know in the comments below! I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Chicken Nachos! Love Mexican food? These Venison Slow Cooker Tacos are easy and delicious, as well.
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Nachos are great, easy dinner for those busy nights or a great appetizer for a crowd!
- 2 tsp . olive oil
- 1 boneless , skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips , I like the scoop shape because they hold more!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar , or monterey jack cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- optional toppings include , Diced onion, sliced green onion, sliced black olives, jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- garnishes include , shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced avocado, sour cream or Mexican Creme
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Over high heat, quickly brown chicken on one side and then flip over. Depending on the size of your pieces this should take 5 minutes, or so.
- Spread tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Grate cheese and prepare any additional toppings.
- Place beans in a microwaveable dish. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Start broiler on high.
- Add dollops of beans to the top of the tortilla chips.
- Top with chicken and any other toppings you are using.
- Add grated cheese to the top. Broil about 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully!
- Garnish and serve immediately.