These Cheesy Herbed Bacon Muffins are literally done in 40 minutes with help from a couple pieces of bacon that I saved in the freezer!
This is another post that I posted when I first started Binky’s Culinary Carnival. I will leave most of the text the same and just change up the photos!
Everybody’s been there. Get home from a long days’ work and you haven’t planned anything for dinner. Nothing out of the freezer….
Haven’t been to the grocery store in two weeks, just the convenience store to pick up milk, bread and eggs….. Open the refrigerator door…. Well, there’s milk, bread, eggs….. a pound of bacon in the freezer (or better yet, a few pieces crisped and frozen in the freezer), some leftover mashed potatoes and cheese.
Ok, we can do this. Instead of the usual omelet, or over- easy eggs with toast and bacon, I decided to take it to the next level! Cheesy Herbed Bacon Muffins are fast and easy.
If you check out the pantry page, you’ll notice there is usually Bisquick in my cupboard. Not that making biscuits or muffins is difficult, Bisquick is just faster!!!
First things first. Defrost the bacon in microwave for a few minutes, until it can be separated.
Bake your bacon on an aluminum foil covered rimmed baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 375°F.
You can also make bacon in Air fryer! That only takes a couple minutes.
How to Make Cheesy Herbed Bacon Muffins
- Chop up your chives, parsley and rosemary.
- Crumble already crisped bacon. I always save a few pieces hidden in the freezer so the boys don’t find them. It’s super convenient for salads or even these muffins!
- Grate Cheese. I use whatever small ends of cheese that I have in the refrigerator. This time I used Colby Jack and Sharp Cheddar.
- Place measured Bisquick in large mixing bowl.
- Measure milk, or better yet, buttermilk.
- Mix together.
- Add the herbs and cheese.
- Mix together.
Spray muffin tins with No-stick spray or use muffin cups. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 375°F/ 191°F for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
If you love breakfast for dinner, you’ll love this Breakfast Pizza!
Other Delicious Bread Recipes
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Tools I Use to Make
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Cheesy Herbed Bacon Muffins! Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to sign up for my mialing list so that you don’t miss any of the great recipes, here on BCC! Sign up is below the recipe! As, always…..
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Cheesy Herbed Bacon Muffins
- 2 c Bisquick, or your favorite baking mix
- 1 c Milk, buttermilk is even better
- 1 c Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh parsley
- 4 slices Bacon
- Place Bacon on Roaster Pan and Bake at 375°F/ 191°C for about 15 minutes until crisp.
- Grate Cheese.
- Chop Parsley, Rosemary and Chives.
- Mix up Bisquick. Add Cheese, Parsley, Rosemary and Chives and mix.
- Spray muffin tins with no-stick spray or use muffin cups. Fill tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375°F/ 191°C about 20 minutes until brown.
Originally Published 11/14/2014
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.