Yellow Plum Sorbet is an incredibly easy summertime dessert- a super easy yellow plum recipe! Not only will the family (those 21 and older) love it, your guests will be impressed! This one is spiked with Grand Marnier! It really is unbelievable!
Ok, this one has me speechless, which happens seldom! 😂 Bomb! Incredible! Awesome! Delicious! Wonderful! Yummy! Fantastic! Delectable! Delightful! Sorry, you get the picture!
The best part, in my opinion, of the seasons, in Upstate New York, is the plethora of fresh produce in the summer! The colors and variety are just awe- inspiring! I was looking around the www for yellow plum recipes because I got these awesome yellow plums at my neighbors’, LaMora Farms! This is a nice, elegant, light dessert to serve with a slice of pound cake or a shortbread cookie, perhaps. It would also be awesome on my Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Wine Sauce! The recipe is inspired by the archives of the Boston Globe from 2006.
It is super easy! The most time consuming part is pitting the plums. I had little sugar plums. Full sized yellow plums would take less time.
How to Make Yellow Plum Sorbet
- Wash plums
- Rough chop plums
- Bring water and sugar to a boil to melt the sugar
- Add plums, cook for 6-8 until tender
- Remove from heat, add Grand Marnier
- Process, in batches if necessary in blender or food processor. Cool in refrigerator. Once cool, churn, according manufacturer’s specifications
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
That’s all there is to it! Literally 10 minutes hands on time! I promise you everyone who has tried this raves about it!
I hope enjoyed the recipe today for Yellow Plum Sorbet! Leave me a comment below and don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list! Thanks for stopping by! As always,
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Yellow Plum Sorbet
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2.5 lbs. yellow plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur original recipe used Cointreau
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan, heat over medium high heat until boiling.
- Add plums and cook for 6-8 minutes until plums soften.
- Remove from heat, add alcohol and stir. Let cool to room temperature.
- Process until smooth in blender. In batches, if needed.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Process, according to manufacturer instructions in ice cream maker. Usually about 20 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.