Sweet Pepper Relish is a delicious condiment and a great use for all of your bell peppers at the end of the season! Sweet Pepper relish is easy to can!
This Sweet Pepper Relish is a companion post for my Nuclear Jalapeño Pepper Relish! This recipe is a perfect alternative for those who do not like spicy food!
Don’t forget to check out the Nuclear Jalapeño Pepper Relish too!
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second one is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Sweet Pepper Relish
- 6 cups sweet peppers, bells, bananas, etc. chopped fine in food processor
- 3 jalapeños or other hot pepper, habanero, serrano, etc. chopped fine in food processor
- 2 cups onion, chopped fine in food processor
- 1.5 cups vinegar
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1.5 tsp celery seed
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until thickened, the consistency of pickle relish.
- Process in hot jars for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. For the method for canning, see this recipe