This Chocolate Pie Crust is so easy! It’s gluten free and dairy free, but you wouldn’t even know it! It’s delicious and can be made into so many tasty pies!
This chocolate pie crust is so versatile! You can fill it with any filling you like! It tastes so good, that if you don’t tell your guests, they won’t even know it’s allergy friendly!
Whether you choose to buy chocolate cookies, or to make your own Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies, once the cookies are made, the crust can be finished in less than half an hour!
Can Chocolate Pie Crust be Made Ahead?
Yes. You can make this pie crust up to 2 days in advance.
Can this pie crust be frozen?
Absolutely! Wrap well in an airtight package and freeze for at least a month. Then just take it out, let it thaw and fill with your favorite filling!
What pies can you make with pie crust?
- Chocolate Bottom Lemon Meringue Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Ice Cream Pies
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Silk Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Crust
How to make it
- Place chocolate cookies in food processor bowl.
- Pulse until cookie crumbs are small.
- Place dairy free butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until melted.
- Stream butter into cookie crumbs, while pulsing food processor.
- Press into pie dish.
Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Other delicious gluten and dairy free recipes
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Here is the Lemon Meringue Pie made with this chocolate cookie crust! Don’t you just want to grab a piece right off the screen?
That’s how easy it is to make Chocolate Pie Crust! Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I use
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Chocolate Pie Crust
- 20 chocolate cookies gluten free, if desired
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine dairy free, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grind cookies in food processor until coarse crumb forms.
- Add margarine and pulse until crumbs pull away from walls of processor and dough forms.
- Press evenly into pie plate, on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until it smells fragrant and is dry to the touch.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.