Need a super easy meal to make on a busy weeknight? This Easy Spanish Rice is just what the doctor ordered! It is so flavorful and I add a zucchini to bump up the veg in this one pan dish!
This Easy Spanish Rice is a one pot meal for even your busiest work day dinner! Add zucchini to this Easy Spanish Rice to help you get your 5 servings of veges per day!
You know when you have had “one of those days”? Those days when you wish you had stayed in bed because just about everything that could of gone wrong, did?
It’s days like that when you need to have super easy, 30 minute meals in you arsenal! This is one of those meals! One pot, 30 minutes, super filling, low calorie and delicious!!
How to Make Easy Spanish Rice
- So the method couldn’t be easier. You just need to chop the onion and garlic.
- Then get it into your saute pan to saute for a few minutes with a bit of olive oil.
- Cut the zucchini in chunks however large you would like them.
- Add them to the pan with your ground meat. (You can use beef, chicken, turkey, pork or venison!)
- Add the tomatoes, water and spices. Combine. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or so, depending on rice. Follow the time on the package instructions.
That’s it! You are ready to eat! Serve with a nice salad for some added vege!
I serve this with whatever toppings I have in the house. Sometimes grated cheese, chopped scallions, pickled or fresh jalapeños.
Really, anything you put on tacos can go the Spanish Rice. Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, even sour cream will work. I always add a bunch of hot sauce, or my Nuclear Hot Pepper Relish!
I hope you enjoy the post for Easy Spanish Rice! Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to sign up to my mailing list so that you don’t miss any future recipes.
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Easy Spanish Rice
- olive oil to coat pan
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small zucchini, cut into pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add onions and soften a few minutes. Add garlic, zucchini and meat and saute until meat is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, spices and rice. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- Serve with cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, hot sauce, or my Nuclear Jalapeno Hot Pepper Relish!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally Published June 1 2018