This homemade dairy free condensed milk is the perfect substitute to use in all of your favorite baked goods. Just three ingredients!
You can use honey for a natural form of sugar or regular sugar if you are vegan. They will both produce a delicious product.
How to use this condensed milk
You can use this condensed milk in all of your favorite desserts, such as these homemade almond joy bars. Fudge, cakes, pies, like this pumpkin pie, ice cream and candies all use sweetened condensed milk. It is delicious used as a coffee or tea creamer.
Which dairy free milk is best to use?
I have used almond milk, coconut milk and cashew milk. The one I liked the least was cashew milk. I found the flavor to be too strong.
Almond milk worked out great as far as flavor is concerned, the only drawback I see is the color. If you are making something that you want the color very white, it is not what you need.
Coconut milk makes a lovely white product. I would only use it for desserts that would benefit from a slight coconut flavor. In other words, I wouldn’t use it for pumpkin pie or something similar, although it might be good.
What you need
- dairy free milk product; almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, etc.
- sugar, honey or other sugar substitute
How to make it
- Add milk substitute to saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Turn heat down to simmer. Simmer 30-90 minutes, until volume is about halved, depending on how fast it’s simmering. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
Tools I Use
Other dairy free recipes
This dairy free sweetened condensed milk is so incredibly easy. And with only two ingredients, you too can enjoy all of the delicious sweet treats that are made with this milk!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays. Sign up form is below!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!
For all of my favorite tools for cooking and gift ideas, see my New Amazon Store
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. This helps us to bring you more great free recipes! Thank you! See FTC Disclosure, here.
Dairy Free Condensed Milk
- Add sugar, vanilla and almond milk to small saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Low simmer for 30-90 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. It should reduce by about half.
- seven layer bars
- almond joy bars
- pies, like this pumpkin pie
- ice cream