Dear God, I think I’ve died and gone to Heaven… No Seriously!! THIS IS THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD!! No, Seriously…..
My husband’s nephew, well not really, his 2nd cousin once removed, but he’s slightly older than our eldest son and it’s just easier to say Uncle and Aunt for his four year old. Okay are you still with me? My nephew and his four year old have been coming over most Sunday afternoons for dinner and fun. Wayne is a stupendous cook in his own right and we have a blast hanging in the kitchen and coming up with fun stuff to eat! His four year will absolutely eat ANYTHING you put in front of him, I love it! So the boys had it in their heads that they wanted Lobster Alfredo a few weeks ago. But REAL Alfredo as my nephew says “F&%@ that Cashew milk!” in other words, heavy cream! So feeling sorry myself since I couldn’t eat it, I said OK but I need a cup or so for my own dish.
After a trip to the local fish monger we were armed with our culls, which are not prefect (usually missing a claw) so they are only $6.99 a pound. Which is cheap for our area.
I’m not going to do my usual step by step instructions for this recipe for two reasons. First of all, it’s super easy and the second because I didn’t take step by step photos. Don’t ask me why, I have no answer for that one! But we had fun playing with the lobsters and feasting on Lobster Alfredo and Lobster Pizza with Gouda, Spinach and Mushrooms!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 c. baby spinach leaves
- 1 Pizza Dough, store bought or homemade
- a little corn meal to sprinkle on pan
- 1 c. cooked lump lobster meat
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Gouda Cheese
- about 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Saute' onion in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and continue sauteing until lightly browned. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If you have a pizza stone, heat the stone.
- I sprinkle corn meal on parchment paper and then slide the parchment onto the stone because I don't have a pizza peel.
- Stretch dough and roll into 10-12" round.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Spread mushrooms and spinach evenly across dough.
- Top with lobster and then the cheeses.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and bubbly
Originally Published 430/2016