This Thin Crust Chicken, Spinach Pizza was inspired by Newman’s Own® Thin & Crispy White Pizza. The crust is multigrain and we grilled it so that it would get nice and crispy! It is to die for!! Not a sponsored post, we just loved it and thought it would be fun to recreate!
Ok, so I would love a show hands… who didn’t swoon over Paul Newman? Be honest now! Those eyes of his were as blue as sea! And that bad boy grin he had. Oh my…… ! Butch Cassidy and the sundance Kid with Paul and Robert Redford? If that didn’t make a young girl swoon, nothing would! I was pretty young in 1969, so it must have been one of the 30 times after that when I was a bit older and saw a rerun! 🙂
So, a friend of ours was moving and asked for some help cleaning out her freezer of things they could not take with them. Never one to refuse a free lunch, I kindly obliged! Among the freezer items was this Newman’s Own® pizza. Now I would have never found this pizza because I just about never shop the freezer section of the supermarket, unless it’s to get juice or veges. A few weeks ago, Eric came in early for lunch and asked if I wanted to try it, so we popped it in the oven!
How to Make Chicken and Spinach Pizza
We were both totally crazy about it! It was so crispy and had such a complex flavor profile. So, I decided to write down the ingredients and give it a try. Well, my friends, all I can is Unbelievably Good!!
The crust was multigrain and I didn’t have flax seeds, which were in the ingredients list so I just doubled up on the oats. I popped all of the ingredients in my bread machine and let her rip, so to say. I did have to add more oats to get the crust to a good consistancy, than I would have if I had used straight flour. Pizza yeast is my choice lately, it doesn’t require any rise time and has less springback which, if you can find some is great! Here is an Amazon link to the yeast.
Other delicious Pizzas on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Chicken Florentine Pizza
- Lobster Pizza
- Thin Crust Grilled Chicken Pizza
- Tuna Pizza
- Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Tools I Use to Make Ham Pineapple Pizza
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Grilled Thin Crust Pizza with Feta & Spinach
For Crust - Bread Machine
- 1 1/2 c warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 c flour
- 1-2 c oat flour Process oats in food processor to create fine flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast preferably Pizza Crust yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 3 oz garlic and herb cheese spread
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp Feta cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 2 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Put ingredients for crust in bread machine, but start with 1 cup of oats. Turn on dough only settings. After a minutes look at dough to see the stiffness of the dough. I have to add almost the whole other cup of oat flour to get it to the right consistency. If you use pizza crust yeast the dough doesn't need to go through the rise cycle. Just the knead cycle.
- Paste the garlic with a bit of olive oil with the side of a chef's knife until a smooth paste forms.
- Mix all the rest of the sauce ingredients together well.
- Cut the chicken in bite sized pieces and saute' in a bit of olive oil until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Saute' chicken in the same pan just until wilted. Set aside.
- When dough is done, roll out on a well floured board until desired thickness.
- With a very hot grill, (500° F) place dough directly on grates, or use a grilling mat. Flip when the dough is browned (only about 3 minutes). Immediately after turning, top with the sauce, then the chicken, feta, spinach and oregano. Close lid. It should only take 3 minutes on the other side too.
- Serve hot!