These Spaghetti Squash Boats are super easy and delicious! I mean seriously, Parmesan Cheese, Bacon, Toasted Walnuts and Spinach? Who wouldn’t like them?……….
A few weeks ago, I made these for friends who came over. Now, granted, I probably should have stuck with canned corn, but I decided to be brave!
Anyone who knows me knows I would not be caught dead serving canned corn to guests. This particular weekend I had a couple with their two children. The Mom and I texted back and forth because her family has some particularly picky eaters. We decided that her whole gang liked chicken, so I ran with that.
Now I just had to come up with some sides. Mind you, I wanted to roast the chickens on the grill since it had been 80°F the prior weekend, but alas, it ended up being 50°F with a stiff Northwest wind coming directly off of frigid Lake Ontario. So, go to plan “B”. One in the oven (we needed the heat anyway), one in the slow cooker.
I do digress, back to the squash. I had a beautiful spaghetti squash in the frig, so I thought, well, if I put enough cheese and bacon in the squash, maybe someone would eat it!
This squash was simply amazing! Even the Dad, who is one of the picky eaters (as far and veggies and fruits go) loved it! Score!
The other added bonus? It only about 20 minutes active time! Couldn’t be easier! I even bought another squash this week so I could make it again! Her is another quick and easy vegetable side, Broccoli Salad!
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Tag #binkysculinarycarnival with your pictures and post it on line!
Likes, Comments, Follows will help me keep Binky’s Culinary Carnival afloat! Thanks for helping! Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Parmesan, Spinach, Bacon Spaghetti Squash Boat
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz pkg. baby spinach
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half.
- Place cut side down on a baking tray. Bake for 40-50 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile slice bacon width wise into strips. Add to a frying pan and saute' until the bacon is crispy and brown. Then remove bacon to a paper towel and drain.
- Saute' onion until translucent in a tablespoon of the bacon grease. Add garlic and saute' until soft.
- Allow squash to cool enough for you to handle. Once squash is cool shred with two forks to form the 'spaghetti'.
- Once you remove the squash, toast the walnuts in the oven for about 5 minutes, turn and toast another 5 minutes.
- Mix spaghetti, and all the rest of the ingredients, except nuts in a large bowl.
- Once mixed, place the squash mixture in one side of the squash skin.
- Bake squash long enough to heat through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.