This Blackberry Peach Galette is an easy summer dessert that is fresh, tart and sweet, all at the same time!
The secret to making a delicious galette in no time, is by making your own crust, in your food processor, that has tons of lemon zest added to it! The lemon makes the peach and blackberry flavors pop!
We picked so many peaches and blackberries this year, it was just silly! This year, especially, the peaches are humongous! The one in the front her is .76 lbs. I found a couple later that weighed .88 lbs! Now that is a big peach!
How to make Blackberry Peach Galette
Added bonus? It is crazy easy! Mix the dry ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Drizzle in the water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse until mixture comes together and forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until filling is done.
- Peel and cut peaches into bite sized chunks. Add blackberries, sugar, salt, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add cornstarch and mix.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Fill with filling leaving a 2-3″ around the outside without filling. Fold up edges and pinch together where necessary to enclose some of the filling. Much of the filling will be exposed.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
Enjoy plain or with a scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream. Such an easy, flavorful dessert! If you love peach recipes, check out this Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce! I hope you enjoyed the recipe today for Blackberry Peach Galette! Don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list, so that you don’t miss any new recipes. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Blackberry Peach Galette
- single pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 3 large peaches, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar, can sub white sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp milk to brush edges of dough
- extra raw sugar for sprinking
- Roll out pie crust into 12" circle, shape is not crucial here. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate until the filling is done. (Do this so that the peaches don't have time to brown)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add lemon juice to peaches immediately after cutting them up and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the peaches and mix.
- Place filling in the center of the pie crust, leave about 2-3" all around the outer edge without filling. Drain some of excess liquid, first, if your peaches are really juicy. Fold edges of pie crust onto the filling and crimp where necessary.
- Brush the edge of the crust with milk or egg wash and sprinkle with a little raw sugar, if desired.
- For some added zing I put lemon zest in my pie crust.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Wine Sauce
For blackberry sauce
For Grilled Peaches
- 2 peaches, freestone, do not use clingstone peaches
- 1 tbsp butter, melted or olive oil olive oil for vegan
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream optional, use vegan for dairy free
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves, or flowers, if you can find them for garnish optional, but tasty. Mint is also good!
For Blackberry Sauce
- Add all ingredients to small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes, until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill to high. Brush cut side of peaches with melted butter.
- Place on grill rack, skin side down. Close grill and grill for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Flip peach halves to cut side. Grill 4 or 5 more minutes until you get nice brown grill lines.
- Serve with warmed blackberry sauce, scoop of ice cream, and garnish with fresh basil.