Venison Steak Kabobs are an easy, summertime recipe for those last steaks you have left in the freezer! Especially great for Father’s Day! Dad will thank you!
I usually try to save at least a few pieces of venison to cook on the grill in the summer! I love the smoky taste that the grill imparts to the venison.
You can see by the following images, I put ingredients that cook in the same amount of time on one skewer. The potatoes and cherry tomatoes go on skewers by themselves. The potatoes take more time and the tomatoes take less time than the venison skewers take.
Moving swiftly to the method for Venison Steak Kabobs
- Remove any fat or silver skin from roast.
- Use a meat tenderizer to tenderize venison.
- Then slice in uniform thicknesses. I like to leave the chunks a bit larger so that they do not overcook and get tough. Then cut into chunks.
- Next add all of the marinade ingredients to the container you plan to marinate the meat in.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Add chunks of meat and marinate. Preferably overnight.
- Assemble the kabobs with whatever veg you like. I used red onion and colorful bell peppers. You could also use zucchini or yellow squash, hot peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, lots of different things.
- Add meat and the vegetables that will take approximately the same amount of time to grill to skewers. Add other vegetables that will take less or more time to other skewers. I did canned white potatos (the only time I use canned white potatoes) and cherry tomatoes on separate skewers.
- Spray kabobs generously with non stick spray. Place kabobs on hot grill, directly over flame. Grill on 1st side for about 4 minutes, until charred. Flip and cook a few more minutes on second side. Internal temperature should be about 135°F.
I will not tell you that these kabobs wouldn’t be more tender if you used the loin rather than using the leg meat. You could certainly do that if you have managed to save some loin cuts! 🙂
So, I know there are a lot of photos on today’s post. I couldn’t decide which ones I liked better, so here they all are! 😂 Which one do like the best?
These kabobs are so good! They are done in less than 10 minutes! What could be easier!?
Want to learn more about How to Cook Venison? Don’t miss our awesome, Ultimate Guide! Complete with 65 FREE Recipes from some of the top venison recipe developers in the world!
I hope you enjoyed the post today for Venison Steak Kabobs! Don’t miss all of our other delicious venison recipes on BCC! For all of the tasty venison recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival, click here. Thanks for stopping by. Don’t forget to sign up for the mail list so you will receive my newsletter! Happy Father’s Day to all of the great Dads out there!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Venison Steak Kabobs
- red onion, cut into large chunks
- bell or hot peppers, cut into large chunks
- any other vegetable you like, such as, zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms
- Cut venison in approximately 2″ chunks
- Add marinade ingredients to a container large enough to accommodate meat. Mix well.
- Add venison, refrigerate overnight.
- Assemble kabobs on skewers, in whatever order you like. Heat grill to high.
- Spray kabobs generously with non stick spray. Grill for 4 minutes on first side.
- Carefully turn and grill until internal temperature is 135°F. Let rest 5 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.