Have you ever had Lobster Mac and Cheese? It is so amazing! You must try it! This Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe takes only about 30 minutes to put together and then another 30 or so in the oven.
This lobster mac and cheese recipe is very easy to make! If you have never made a bechamel, don’t be distressed. It is much easier than people suggest! The reason this lobster mac and cheese recipe is so wonderful is that I use lobster stock in the bechamel, which gives it such a rich flavor!
Have you ever made lobster, or even shrimp stock? It’s very easy to make. Just add the shells of the lobsters back to the water they were boiled in, crank the heat to high and cook it down until a quart or two remain. Let the stock cool and then strain it through cheese cloth to remove any solids or sand. You can do the same for any seafood, clams, shrimp, crab. It is great in soups, stews and this Mac and Cheese!
If you add this stock to your cheese sauce, it amps up the flavors to all new heights! We are supposed to be eating more seafood. Right? Well pairing the lobster with mac and cheese means that it only cost me about $8.00 to add the meat from 1 small lobster. We have a fish monger nearby who sells culls (usually missing one claw) for $6.99 per pound, which is very cheap in this area. So this meal, although it looks extravagant, only cost about $14 dollars for 8 servings, or $1.75 per serving! What a decadent meal for so cheap!
Do you love lobster? We love lobster! Check out my Lobster Pizza with Spinach and Gouda! You will love that, as well! Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Lobster Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb Lobster (or use cooked lobster tail)
- 1 lb small pasta, elbows, small shells, ziti, penne, etc.
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk (I use Cashew milk) 3 cups, if not using stock
- 1-1/4 cup lobster stock (optional) chicken stock may be substituted
- 3 cups cheese, I used 1.5 cups sharp cheddar and 1.5 cups gouda)
- Cook lobster (place head first) in boiling water for about 7 minutes for first pound and the 3 minutes per additional pound. until dark red in color. Remove tail and claw meat from shell. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve a mug full of pasta water before draining pasta.
- Heat milk in another pot on the stove or in the microwave until very warm.
- Turn on oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add flour to melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add warm milk all at once and whisk until smooth, stir constantly, until thick.
- Add cheese, reduce heat to low. Cook until sauce is very thick and cheese is melted.
- Add cheese sauce to pasta with enough cooking water to coat the pasta thoroughly. Mix in lobster.
- Add Macaroni and cheese to a 2 qt buttered casserole. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.