This Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries is the perfect, ridiculously easy appetizer for your next cook-out! I am making it again for the 4th of July! It seems like it takes forever for strawberries to ripen in upstate NY! When they finally do, I try to make everything I can with them! Like my Low Sugar Strawberry Jam and these Strawberry Infused Sea Scallops!
This Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries is my new go-to favorite, easy appetizer for Summer parties! Everyone who has tried it just loves it! I got the idea while I was researching new recipes to using strawberries. I came across this delish video and then based the recipe on this one from Show me the Yummy!
How to Make Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries
- I did the balsamic glaze the day before and refrigerated overnight but it’s super easy, you could do it the same day. Just stir the brown sugar in with the balsamic.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. It should coat the back of a spoon.
- Next, toast the pecans in a dry cast or stainless pan. Don’t use non-stick because you will be using a dry pan, which ruins the non-stick pans.
- Dice strawberries fairly finely, then add toasted pecans.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze to the strawberries. Mix it up. Lastly, add the chopped basil.
- Place the wheel of brie on a piece of parchment paper set on top of aluminum foil. Make sure that the parchment is smaller than the foil, because it will burn.
- Grill over medium heat on the side of the grill that is not lit. (Indirect grill) Depending on your grill and the heat, it will take 10-15 minutes. Hey, look, Daddy got a new grill for Father’s Day! Boy was that needed! As proof of that, here is the old one!
- Top with strawberries and drizzle with a bit more balsamic. Serve with toasted bagette (I toasted the bagette on the grill) or cracker of your choice.
Love Gardening? If you love growing your own produce, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
I encourage you to try this Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries for your next party! Your guests will be rightly impressed and you will not be slaving over a complicated appetizer! I hope you enjoyed this recipe today! Leave me a comment down below, what is your favorite easy appetizer? Sign up below for the BCC mailing list so that you don’t miss any of the new recipes!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Grilled Brie Recipe & Balsamic Strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 wheel of brie (mine was 17.6 oz.)
- Add balsamic and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Over high heat, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. This makes more than you will need. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator and use for salads, veges, etc.
- Toast pecans in dry cast or stainless pan on both sides. Rough chop toasted pecans.
- Mix strawberries, pecans and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze. Add basil just before serving.
- Place brie wheel on a sheet of parchment paper that is resting on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so, until, when cheese is poked you can feel the inside is thoroughly melted.
- Top with strawberries and drizzle with additional balsamic glaze.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.