This Hot Crab Dip could not be easier! Loaded with artichokes and cheesy goodness! Make it with fresh or canned crab meat! Add some sauteed spinach to bump up your veg servings for the day! Takes less than 20 to prepare!
This hot crab dip is perfect for parties and entertaining any time of the year! I usually make it at least twice per year because it is so easy and it is always a hit! This dip is made without cream cheese.
The best part is that is only takes 15 minutes to prepare! Then just pop it in the oven and 25 minutes later, you have a hot, fresh, flavorful spread for crackers or crostini!
Can you make hot crab dip ahead?
Yes! You can put the dip together 1-2 days before you need to serve it. Then, just bake it before serving time.
What you need
- fresh or canned crabmeat
- canned artichoke hearts
- fresh spinach (you can use frozen chopped spinach)
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh thyme
- pinch of cayenne
- crackers, chips or toasted baguette for serving
- green onions – scallions
- oregano – fresh or dried can be used
- garlic cloves
- fresh parsley
- ground cayenne pepper
- olive oil for frying
How to make it
- Sauté garlic in a splash of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add spinach and turn / stir.
- Cook just until wilted.
- Add all ingredients to medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place in oven proof baking dish.
Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with crackers or crostini. Serve hot!
Can hot crab dip be frozen?
I wouldn’t suggest freezing this crab dip. The mayonnaise will break and you will be left with eggs and oil. You could freeze it once it is baked, but the texture will suffer.
Serve this spinach-artichoke dip warm for best results.
Tools I use
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
The Best Damn Hot Crab Dip Ever
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops and white
- 2 crab legs meat removed (about 1 cup) or 2 – 4.25 ounces cans
- 1 can artichokes drained and cut up
- 2 tsp fresh garlic 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heaping mayonnaise (Hellmann’s Canola or Olive Oil)
- 1 cup heaping parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Your choice of crackers for serving or toasted baguette
- Cut up green onion and artichokes. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add about 2 teaspoons olive oil to a small frying pan and add spinach, turn constantly until just wilted.
- Add mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, spices and spinach to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Move to oven proof baking dish and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers or crostini
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Originally Published 1/3/2015