This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PAMAvocadoPump #CollectiveBias
These Sweet Potato Waffles could not be easier! They have only 3 ingredients and get so very crispy in the waffle maker!
They are Gluten, Dairy free, and Paleo and Whole 30 compliant. Sweet Potato Waffles are also terribly delicious, as well!
With the new year just unfolding, many of us would like to try eating more healthy! The whole “New Year, New You” movement. To this end, I have, once again, collaborated with PAM®. This time for PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil.
You don’t have to add a lot of extra calories to get that crispy crunchy potato you crave. With PAM®, you can control the amount of oil you use on your familys’ meals.
For all of you in the US, you know that PAM® has been around for decades! I know my Mom starting using it when I still lived at home! It was, I believe, the original no-stick spray! We were hooked from the first time we used it!
I have found that I actually now prefer the PAM® Spray Pumps. I love that the Spray Pump is that the bottle is clear, so I can see when I need to put more on my shopping list!
No, you actually can not refill the pump sprayer with oil, and expect it to work like PAM®. PAM® is a cooking spray with superior performance, as opposed to plain oil.
How to Make Sweet Potato Waffles
These Sweet Potato Waffles are super easy! I find that they get crispier, if I let some of the water from the sweet potatoes, drain out of them.
- I used purple sweet potatoes.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Grate sweet potatoes with a course grater.
- Spread grated potatoes into a flat layer on cutting board, with layer of paper towel on the bottom. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place sweet potatoes in between layers of paper towel and press down.
- Place something flat on top and weigh down with a heavy object.
- Let the potatoes drain for 30 minutes, or so.
- Break 2 eggs into large bowl.
- Whisk with cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Mix in sweet potatoes, so they are well combined. Place in preheated waffle maker.
It is best to separate the potatoes on the line, between individual waffles, for ease of breaking them apart. Cook until they are browned and crispy. Times will vary, depending on your waffle iron. Mine is ancient and they took about 8-10 minutes.
I picked up the PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil and a bunch of other ingredients at Walmart. It is so convenient to shop there because I have my choice of 2 super stores within 15 miles! My Walmart, in Webster, has the PAM and other oils, by the baking ingredients, located in aisle A16.
You can also purchase PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil on Walmart.com. Check your local Walmart for a demo of the product and to grab an awesome bag.
A Healthier Brunch with Sweet Potato Waffles
To boost up the health benefits of this meal, I chose purple sweet potatoes, which are a powerhouse of nutrition, according to this article.
Purple sweet potatoes are in the same family as their well known orange cousins. The purple color comes from a chemical called anthocyanin, which all red plants have in common. Purple sweet potatoes can help control hypertension, gout, may help improve diabetes and weight loss. They are huge in vitamins and minerals, as well, according to this article.
I also served these Sweet Potato Waffles with turkey bacon and local, organic duck eggs, to make it all the more healthier for my family, after the plethora of cookies we ate during the Christmas season!
If you are a fan of “brinner”, breakfast for dinner, here are a few of my other popular recipes on BCC to check out!
I hope you enjoyed the post today for these easy Sweet Potato Waffles! Don’t forget to grab some PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil, the next time you head to Walmart!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 2 purple, or orange sweet potatoes 3 cups grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Grate sweet potatoes and allow to drain between sheets of paper towel for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs with spices.
- Combine drained sweet potatoes with eggs mixture, mix well.
- Spray waffle iron with PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil. Place about 1 cup potatoes in waffle iron, depending on size of waffle iron.
- Cook until crispy and browned. Mine waffle iron took 8-10 minutes, but your will vary. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.