This Chicken Lasagna Recipe with Spinach is made with fresh chicken tenders, so the meat is extra moist and delicious! I use canned tomatoes instead of tomato sauce to lighten it up a bit!
Who doesn’t like lasagna? Raise your hand! 🙂 No, I’m serious, who doesn’t like lasagna? I mean honestly, what is not to like? All that gooey cheese and tender pasta is a marriage made in heaven!
I have to say though, I only make it maybe once or twice per year because it’s not exactly health food. We eat more comfort style food in the winter than we do in the summer. In the summer we grill almost every night, so there is usually lighter fare on the menu! In the dead of winter, though, it’s great to have a chance to turn on the oven and warm up this old farmhouse!
This recipe is super easy and fast to prepare! You just have to cook the pasta and sauté the chicken with a whole ton of garlic! I just used diced, crushed or stewed tomatoes for the sauce. It gave it lighter flavor than using tomato sauce.
I hope you like this recipe for Chicken Lasagna Recipe with Spinach, if you love this, you will love this other Italian inspired dish, Chicken Florentine Pizza Thanks for stopping by today!
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Chicken Florentine Lasagna
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, or buy no boil.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 56 oz stewed, diced or crushed tomatoes, 2 large cans
- 2 tsp each, basil, parsley, oregano or use Italian seasoning
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 box frozen spinach can use canned or fresh, sautéed in same pan as chicken
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c mushrooms, sautéed, if desired
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Turn oven on to 350°F.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium high heat. Add chicken tenders, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until browned on first side. Add garlic after you have flipped the first side.
- Remove chicken from pan when both sides are brown and allow to cool. Once cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add canned tomatoes to the pan, after removing the chicken. And add mushrooms, if using, spices, along with salt and pepper to season.
- Mix ricotta with egg, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 cup of tomato sauce on bottom of deep 9"x13" pan or lasagna pan. top with a single layer of pasta.
- Top pasta with 1/2 of the ricotta and spread it over the pasta.
- Top with another layer of pasta and then spread a generous layer of the tomatoes, sprinkle on the chicken and spinach and mozzerella. Finally top with a generous layer of parmesan cheese.
- Top that layer with more pasta and repeat the last 3 steps.
- There should be the perfect amount of everything to do 2 layers of each the ricotta and the sauce layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 1- 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly.