Southwestern Garbanzo Salad
Great, fresh vegetarian salad for a summer barbeque!
Servings 20 + servings
- 30 oz cans garbanzos (chick peas)
- 15 oz can large black olives
- 15 oz can corn
- 1 pint mixed color cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced large
- 1 small cucumber large dice
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 chipotle in adobo finely minced and about 1 tsp. of the sauce depending on hot your group likes. Start with less, you can always add more.
- 1 roasted garlic whole large head
- 1 fresh lime juiced and zested
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- salt and Pepper to taste
Open and drained garbanzos, corn and black olives. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Prepare the vegetables and add to the bowl. Mix.
For the dressing mix the olive oil, chipotle, lime juice and zest, garlic, mayonnaise, cumin and salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
Mix the dressing with salad, chill and serve.
I didn't use all of the dressing for the salad but the leftover was great on green salad too!
This recipe makes a large batch. Great for parties or potlucks!
Can be made the day before you need it.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Keeps for 3-4 days.
Do not freeze.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 12.5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.8mg